IGNORED

Just in time for spring...

UGLIEST PS2S - EVER!

For any of you who wish you were an interior decorator (not that there's anything wrong with that), Sony of Japan's got something for you.... Maybe if you're lucky, Sony of Japan will send it in a plainly wrapped parcel, so it won't scream, "I love Bette Midler!" to everyone in your neighborhood.

post-2859-1047836746_thumb.jpg

Oh God, I hope my wife doesn't see these. We have mulitiple Neo Geo Pockets, Gamecubes, etc. because she likes "cool" new colors.

She's a freak. Oddly enough, however, she wasn't intriqued by the clear Saturn I found on Ebay a few weeks ago. But I'm sure she'd be all over a pink PS2.

so far i have...

a clear dreamcast

a transparent blue PSX

a transparent green N64

an artic (transparent light blue) GBA (i wanted a pink one, but i imported one, and it hadnt been released yet)

a blue Neo-Geo Pocket Color

a red virtual boy (theyre all red, but i still like it)

everything else i have is beige or black, i like variety. It may not seem that important, but with all of these machines, color adds character.

i wanted a purple cube, but i got a great deal on a used one soon after it was launched, so i had to settle for a black one. Maybe one day, ill get lucky and somebody will offer a straight up trade.

it actually came that way, a month or so after the DC came out, i picked up a used DC for 200, which is what it was going for new, but the store had put on a clear case and installed a mod chip, so i could play imports (since it was still early, there were a lot of cheap imports to pick up)

as long as it isnt black, id take it, but id really like a wood grain

black and beige consoles are hella boring

What's it like to be part of a hoard?

Seriously though, who really cares? Are you going to skip out on a console just because they made it in beige? Frankly, that's pretty shallow...

I've always thought transparent stuff looked stupid (I used to have a clear phone as a kid, but that was when I was like, 8 )... and these pink and blue PS2's looks totally ugly.

--Zero

no, color would never prevent me from buying a machine, but if there is a choice, i always try to get the non-standard color

do you live in a black house, drive a black car, use a black tooth brush, or paint every room in your house black? I just find it boring, and a little color, even its a tad gaudy, gives a machine a bit of personality. My limit woudl be if something had a patern or tye-dye or something with too many different colors. There is almost no instance i can think of where a solid color is revolting.

Oh God, I hope my wife doesn't see these.  We have mulitiple Neo Geo Pockets, Gamecubes, etc. because she likes "cool" new colors.

If I met a woman who were that into videogames I'd probably consider batting for the other team for a while. As it is, at a risk of stereotyping myself, I unconsciously went "ooooh" at the sight of the lavender PS2, but I really would prefer a woodgrain one too ;)