IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

I always find it fascinating how specifically on AA, whenever someone says "this is not a pre-order thread, please don't ask to have your names put on a list" 75% of all posts will inevitably be people stating they want one.

To be fair I think it gives the creator some idea of numbers, even if it's not a pre-order thread ?

I always find it fascinating how specifically on AA, whenever someone says "this is not a pre-order thread, please don't ask to have your names put on a list" 75% of all posts will inevitably be people stating they want one.

Agreed. I've been subscribed to this thread since the start and when I get a notice I check to see if an actual preorder thread is up and it's generally just filled with "I'd buy this!" "put me on the list too!!" Tons of noise on an otherwise really interesting thread.

With that said.. the best way to get info is to subscribe and open it every time there is a reply :P

Agreed. I've been subscribed to this thread since the start and when I get a notice I check to see if an actual preorder thread is up and it's generally just filled with "I'd buy this!" "put me on the list too!!" Tons of noise on an otherwise really interesting thread.

With that said.. the best way to get info is to subscribe and open it every time there is a reply :P

Yep, it's the same with the Wyvern Tales thread. These are the two most anticipated projects right now for sure. Really looking forward to both of them (aka "put me down for one too" ;) )

I think the biggest difference between pre-order and this noisy page is when you pre-order you might be expected to put up some money in advance. This creator isn't taking money yet but maybe a poll would help?

ie "are you planning to get this" with yes, no, and maybe. Not everyone would vote but the number of yes and maybe might give an idea how many may be needed to satisfy the initial run.

I do hope this comes out soon. I am a few Lynx games short of a complete production lot and some of those games can reach $100+ easy. I could sell off the games that have public ROM available and keep those that aren't dumped or otherwise may not work like Zaku (not released) and Eye of the Beholder (unusual memory support, may not work on flash cart) not to mention carrying around a case with 80 games that can take a while to go through to find a desired game.

• Like 1

I'll start getting some units made up after Xmas. I'm not too fussed about numbers as yet as I'll just be building a few at a time Initially. Once I'm happy with everything i'll most likely look into getting a batch of these made by a fab house. I don't want to start taking part payments or anything for preorders as this is all just "fun" for me, and I wouldn't want anything to end up going sour if there were any issues (I'm aware the original Candle LCD thread went a bit that way).

As I think I said before, any money I make fom these will just go into funding more of the same. A Jaguar cartridge is probably going to be the next project.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 5

I have a Jag, and have the cart mostly planned out already (actually did it before the Lynx one but never got around to finishing it). In theory, especially given the experience I have gained from the Lynx cart, it should be a much quicker job... :)

But I won't get distracted with that until the Lynx carts are sorted. ;)

• Like 7

I'll start getting some units made up after Xmas. I'm not too fussed about numbers as yet as I'll just be building a few at a time Initially. Once I'm happy with everything i'll most likely look into getting a batch of these made by a fab house. I don't want to start taking part payments or anything for preorders as this is all just "fun" for me, and I wouldn't want anything to end up going sour if there were any issues (I'm aware the original Candle LCD thread went a bit that way).

As I think I said before, any money I make fom these will just go into funding more of the same. A Jaguar SD cartridge is probably going to be the next project.

holy shit, why not just set up a pipeline from my bank account ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A happy 2016 everybody.

Well i hope that those few produced prototype lynx sd cards will be a success sothat orders can be taken soon as possible,offcourse i suppose that if orders will be taken,that we will get an email with links to the coresponding site to place an order on it.

Now about the jag sd card, i tout it already does exist, so i wonder if it make sense to redevelope a new one ,unless it can support cd jag games,as an alternative for those rare jag cd addons wich are also very prone to damage overtimes.

But if i will ever get a lynx sd card and find out that it really will just work on any lynx handheld system with NO MOD,i will take off my head out of amezement.

Atari age members Just google ,diary Of an atari lynx developer,, to find out why am so amezed(about this sd card)and you will read all the ins & outs of the lynx to so you can read anything about how the cartride system works in it's own unique way with it's own limitations.

Now about the jag sd card, i tout it already does exist, so i wonder if it make sense to redevelope a new one ,unless it can support cd jag games,as an alternative for those rare jag cd addons wich are also very prone to damage overtimes.

No, there is no SD-card solution for the Jaguar. There is the SkunkBoard but that does hold only two cart images and when you want to load it with another game, you must re-flash it via a PC. Thus not usable to store your whole collection on.

And then you have the JagCF card that would store cart images on CF-cards but that one is already more years in development than I can remember and is still not finished.

Robert