IGNORED

Epic Gaming Haul of 10,000 by Atari2600dotcom

Rev

Isnt anyone that sells something considered a re-seller?

Joe / atari2600.com is not a reseller. A reseller is someone who buys individual games or lots just to immediately flip them with no real effort. A reseller also artificially increases prices because he buys at or above market prices and then demand 3 times what he paid. A reseller is a jackal who tries to take advantage of a hobby in a bad way.

Joe on the other hand runs a business where he buys out [large] collections at a discount and then sells the games at fair prices. A lot of his stuff can be found cheaper but his prices are still moderate.

The only bad thing is that he neglects the classic stuff and doesn't seem to care much about Atari anymore. He used to have great stuff for the 2600 and other classic consoles, but the stock is now depleted. So unfortunately he is now yet another seller selling average stuff.

I think there's a difference to someone who tries to sell a bunch of games at a loss because they don't want them anymore, need the cash, or to fund a new game system, as opposed to people who scour flea markets and swap meets and buy stuff with no intention of keeping the game, but flipping immediately on eBay.

I think there's a difference to someone who tries to sell a bunch of games at a loss because they don't want them anymore, need the cash, or to fund a new game system, as opposed to people who scour flea markets and swap meets and buy stuff with no intention of keeping the game, but flipping immediately on eBay.

Nothing wrong with going to flea markets early in the morning to earn some money with buying and reselling. Also nothing wrong if someone buys a lot at a discount and splits it up for a profit.

I only have a problem with resellers that try to create artificial markets by buying every copy of some games and then relist them for inflated prices. Such sellers are really bad for the hobby. No one needs such speculators.

I can't see anything wrong with what Joe is doing. Otherwise every store selling pre-owned stuff (new or used) would be a reseller and bad by definition.