IGNORED

410 cassette duplicating program?

Back in the day a guy gave me a copy of a cassette program which would make a perfect duplicate of whatever program was on a cassette.

What I would do is load the copying program on my 410, the Atari would beep, then I would put in my original cassette program send hit play. The Atari would read the program and then beep. I would then put in a new cassette and hit record and touch a button on the computer and it would record a perfect duplicate on the 410.

Of course I had copies of all my programs in my basement long after I sold my Atari 800 in the early mid eighties and all that got thrown away years later. Does anyone have a copy of this cassette duplicating program?

Rob

Back in the day a guy gave me a copy of a cassette program which would make a perfect duplicate of whatever program was on a cassette.

What I would do is load the copying program on my 410, the Atari would beep, then I would put in my original cassette program send hit play. The Atari would read the program and then beep. I would then put in a new cassette and hit record and touch a button on the computer and it would record a perfect duplicate on the 410.

Of course I had copies of all my programs in my basement long after I sold my Atari 800 in the early mid eighties and all that got thrown away years later. Does anyone have a copy of this cassette duplicating program?

Rob

This will copy a single stage boot tape to disk or tape. From Antic vol 1 #6, Feb/Mar 1983.

CASCOPY.zip

There were several cassette copiers released in the US market in the early days. The 810 floppy killed cassettes pretty quickly, and also software publishers added copy protection to prevent simple copiers from making functioning programs. The most complete family of cassette software that I'm aware of was from IJG. These are the same folks that published the book Atari Basic Faster and Better. PDF's available online in several places. If you look in the back of the book, you will see the IJG ads for their other products. I never dabbled with cassettes much, but many of these programs are likely "floating around."

-Larry

This will copy a single stage boot tape to disk or tape. From Antic vol 1 #6, Feb/Mar 1983.

Please note that the cascopy.bas here has both copy from boot tape to boot disk and from boot tape to boot tape.

The original programs were separate (to tape and to disk) to maximize the buffer space. If you run into a large boot tape program, you can use just the tape to tape or tape to disk version from the original Antic programs.