IGNORED

WTB Atari Joystick Y Cable

thegamezmaster

Hello, am looking for one of these working cables that has one female end and two male ends on the other end. One that will work on a Colecovision to plug in to deck and plug in a joystick and a CV keypad controller. Hopefully not too expensive. Pm me if you have one, thanks!

Edited by thegamezmaster

I don't have the cable you seek but it would not be too hard to do. When I went the same route, I put a db9 male socket in the end of the colecovision controller. I then just jumped in the lines to the appropriate buttons on the CV board. Less expensive to use a single socket and the CV controller acts like an extension cord to boot.

bah

I don't have the cable you seek but it would not be too hard to do. When I went the same route, I put a db9 male socket in the end of the colecovision controller. I then just jumped in the lines to the appropriate buttons on the CV board. Less expensive to use a single socket and the CV controller acts like an extension cord to boot.

bah

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it's beyond my skills. How hard is it to do? I wouldn't even know where to start or how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Edited by thegamezmaster

which idea? Adding a socket to a CV controller requires one db9 male socket, 9 thin wires and a dremel tool to make a hole in an original controller to mount the socket.

Making a homebrew adapter would require a Sega genesis controller cable, a project box, and 2 male db9 sockets. For each pin connect the wire from the plug for that pin to the pins that correspond in both sockets. In other words, whatever color wire that is connected to pin 1 would be soldered to pin 1 of one socket and then a jumper wire is soldered from pin 1 of the first socket to the pin 1 of the second socket. The sockets are mounted in the box and a hole for the cable to exit. The genesis plug will need to be modified to fit the CV console.

bah

which idea? Adding a socket to a CV controller requires one db9 male socket, 9 thin wires and a dremel tool to make a hole in an original controller to mount the socket.

Making a homebrew adapter would require a Sega genesis controller cable, a project box, and 2 male db9 sockets. For each pin connect the wire from the plug for that pin to the pins that correspond in both sockets. In other words, whatever color wire that is connected to pin 1 would be soldered to pin 1 of one socket and then a jumper wire is soldered from pin 1 of the first socket to the pin 1 of the second socket. The sockets are mounted in the box and a hole for the cable to exit. The genesis plug will need to be modified to fit the CV console.

bah

Thanks for the reply and info! Have to see what I have. Thanks again!