IGNORED

Sunrise Games Label Problems

Bartsfam

I guess about about 3 1/2 years ago, I was part of the group that bought never opened, like new, boxed Sunrise Games from "ozma wars" in Italy: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/175397-sunrise-games-for-sale/?hl=ozma%20wars

I never opened them, never even looked in the game boxes. I immediately put them away in an acid free box that I had from my old comic book collecting days, and left them in a closet, at room temperature. I took them out once in a while to look at at, but never opened the game boxes.

Today I was checking them out and noticed the boxes are starting to turn brown. It is ever so slight, but there is a definite brown hue to the boxes sides now. I opened the boxes and found that the labels on the cartridges are 2/3 off of the cartridge., and just hanging.

I was curious about the conditions of everyone else's Sunrise Games boxes and labels?

I know there over thirty years old, and did not expect them to last forever in such great condition.

What is a good glue to get the labels back on, and into place?

Edited by Bartsfam

you can use any glue as long as it is acid free.

myself I use a zyron sticker machine that was purchased from a craft store. I think even Walmart carries them.

the adhesive on the sticker machine is acid free.

run the label through the sticker machine then stick it back on the cartridge no mess!

if you know anyone that does scrapbooking I bet they have the sticker machine!

and I've used this on all my cartridges and even the long colecovision sticker on the front

of the colecovision itself.

Edited by mightywiz
  • Like 1