IGNORED

Collectors - I need your help!

Robert M

Hi,

In the Homebrew Forum I have a thread where I am planning to create custom clear plastic clamshells to package my homebrew cartridges. Like most custom items, the more you produce, the cheaper they are to make. To that end, I want to make the shells generic enough that collectors can use them to store their Rare manuals and carts.

My own collection has no lack of carts, and I have a composite form factor created already that can handle many different cartridge shell shapes from the different manufacturers. What I do lack however, are examples of manuals.

You see the plan is for a clamshell that opens like a book. The cart sits in a depression in the back with the labels facing out the back of the package. The manual will sit on top of the cart and the shell will close and seal over both. The cover of the manual will show through the front of the clamshell. The clamshell will be shaped so that it can stand upright, thus clearly displaying the graphics of the manual and cart.

I have Atari manuals that are roughly 5x7 and AtariAge manuals are also 5x7. What I need to know is what other cart manufacturers had manuals that were 5x7 plus or minus a half inch in either dimesion. I will then make the clamshells to fit all those brands of cartridges.

I plan to make the clamshells available to anyone who wants to use them to store part of their collection for which they have manuals and carts but no box.

If anyone has a large collection of manuals, and would be willing to help me out, I would be very thankful. So I have the following data points already:

Atari: 5x 7

Atari Age: 5x7

???

Thanks!