IGNORED

copying Starpath games

scmor92

You could always download the ROMs and store them on your computer or a CDROM.

Well... But don't forget: (assuming you wanted to play that cd on a cd player) if you wanted to play them on a cuttlecart or supercharger, you'd have to convert them to sound files which is an easy task.

Or of course you could leave them as roms (.bins) and use a program like PLAYBIN.EXE to load them from the cdrom or harddrive onto the supercharger/cuttlecart.

You could always download the ROMs and store them on your computer or a CDROM.

Well... But don't forget: (assuming you wanted to play that cd on a cd player) if you wanted to play them on a cuttlecart or supercharger, you'd have to convert them to sound files which is an easy task.

Or of course you could leave them as roms (.bins) and use a program like PLAYBIN.EXE to load them from the cdrom or harddrive onto the supercharger/cuttlecart.

Very true. I wonder how hard it would be to dump these games onto a cart thus bypassing the need for a supercharger. I'm sure there are compatability issues, though.

Pretty much you can only run Starpath games on a Supercharger or Cuttle Cart. I say "pretty much" because Rabbit Transit was later converted to run on a cartridge but was never released as far as I know.

I guess someone could come up with a cartridge format with 6K of RAM and 6K of ROM and a hacked Supercharger BIOS that instead of loading off of tape, copied the ROM to RAM and launched the game, but I don't know that enough demand exists for such a thing.

wow.. I havent found any .bins of the supercharger games on the net.. maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I Havent gotten around to backing up my tapes, I was just going to record them on to the computer as a .wav

don't a lot of the games have multiple loads? and should I record the fast side or the slow side to the computer?

Hozer Video has CDs with all the games on them for $5 shipped, and the compilation is fully legal. In other words, don't even bother backing them up, since all the work has already been done for you.

I don't have the address handy, but search the 2600 forum for Starpath (recent -- a couple threads this month); in a post or two I gave the address.

Hozer Video has CDs with all the games on them for $5 shipped, and the compilation is fully legal.  In other words, don't even bother backing them up, since all the work has already been done for you.

I don't have the address handy, but search the 2600 forum for Starpath (recent -- a couple threads this month); in a post or two I gave the address.

They've been gone for a long time now unless there's a new site I don't know about.

Hozer Video has CDs with all the games on them for $5 shipped, and the compilation is fully legal.  In other words, don't even bother backing them up, since all the work has already been done for you.

They've been gone for a long time now unless there's a new site I don't know about.

You'll note I said "address", not "URL" or "website". CPUWiz is right; Hozer is still doing business, just not on the web.