IGNORED

Petition on Microsoft letting us make Jaguar games, look

Nall3k

I think what he means is get MS's attention to let the current Jaguar Dev tools to work for XP with the help of MS.

I may be wrong but that's the way I understood it...

and, where's the link? :)

Clint Thompson

It's not Microsoft's fault. The tools must do something nonstandard, like make ioctl calls or something to access hardware directly. These are very very old DOS programs and you can't expect them to be supported this long after DOS has disappeared.

I've written the developer of the tools and hopefully will get the source code from them and I'll recompile them as Win32 applications.

I've written the developer of the tools and hopefully will get the source code from them and I'll recompile them as Win32 applications.

This would be nice, also a gui interface would be nice to work with and just a button, to assemble/compile and directly upload it to Flash-cartridge or Alpine would be nice...

I hope to hear soon some positive news...

I think what he means is get MS's attention to let the current Jaguar Dev tools to work for XP with the help of MS.

I may be wrong but that's the way I understood it...

and, where's the link? :)

Clint Thompson

that is actually what I wanted, I said crap. Ill post another link because that one wont work, for me atleast.

I'm sorry but I don't see any way for Microsoft in helping resolving our issue. Atari tools are very old and it's not Microsoft whose responsible for it. Actually I had some problems with MAC even under Win98 - it's probably because some error in it's code. If we would talk only about rdbjag than there is a lot of more DOS applications that has some serious problems with data transfers, but this issue could be probably resolved with dedicated driver.

Juts my 2 cents...

Cheers

hell..make a DOS partition on your hard drive..

besides.. just becouse MS puts out a new OS, doesn't meen you HAVE to get it!

I'm going to keep the current computer on 98se, I aint giving up any of my ability to play games in DOS, next computer, is for next generations