IGNORED

Windows 7 home edition 64 bit wanted

Grig

Anyone have a Windows 7 64 bit home edition to lease ... or rent ... or sell? My CyberpowerPC was running 8.1 (ugh) and it won't start now (gives me the "your computer won't start" error and refuses to fix the problem) and I am okay with re-installing the system ... but I don't want to go back to Windows 8, I'd rather use Windows 7. Thanks!

Ebay, my friend. I've bought 3 copies of 7 that work well. WORD OF CAUTION: Only order from VOLUME SALES people who have sold shit-ton of them, and have a corresponding number of positive feedbacks. DO NOT BUY from a one-time seller. Those could be legit, but you have no proof, so must assume are scams. Find one with 100 copies for sale, and 500 satisfied customers. That's what I did, as many others are scammers.

Ebay, my friend. I've bought 3 copies of 7 that work well. WORD OF CAUTION: Only order from VOLUME SALES people who have sold shit-ton of them, and have a corresponding number of positive feedbacks. DO NOT BUY from a one-time seller. Those could be legit, but you have no proof, so must assume are scams. Find one with 100 copies for sale, and 500 satisfied customers. That's what I did, as many others are scammers.

Too true. I've looked into that, possibly $50 to $60 - and you're right about the scammers, they are out there.

Never trust an online store for copies of Office or Windows. Find a local store and get an OEM copy of Windows.

Honestly, doing a factory restore and then immediately downloading and installing Classic Shell will get you %95 percent of what you want without paying a dime..

http://www.classicshell.net/

UPDATE: Also, if you have the Pro/Business edition of 8.1 then you probably have downgrade rights to Win 7 Pro.

• Like 1