IGNORED

Atari XE GS very nasty issue!

yurif74

Hello community,

i own an atari xe gs that has a very difficult to track down issue!

the machine power on perfectly on missile command/other cartridge/test menu/basic if keyboard connected

but it completely HANG randomly ONE TIME in the first 5 minutes.. then i reset the machine and it never hang even if it is powered continously for days!

but if i power down (with power switch) and then power back on (after at least 10 seconds) the issue come back! it lock one time the machine in the first 5 minutes

i tested ram and rom and results are good, i do not really know how to put hands..

could someone help me please?

thanks

Juri

Had something similar to one of my XEGS. It may be a problem with one of your ram chips. Even thoug it passe the ram tests when it run, The ram can make it unstable periodacly.

Also the XEGS can have some bad quality soldering on the mainboard leading to bad connection that needs some solder fill.

Edited by GentleBaron

i tried 2 power supplies and one switching 5v 1.5A (should be enough)

touched with finger ram chips, it feel the same temperature.. i made some tests, one ever strange thing is that if i reset before it hang, it doesn't hang!! :?

Edited by yurif74