IGNORED

Christmas Carol variations?

Rev

Yep, clear cart exists for Carol. 20 I believe dZ? Also, remember there's two Intelligentvision versions of Same Game/Robots.

Also 4 versions of 4tris. 1 Intelligentvision, 1 LTO and the Philly Classic and non Philly Classic small white box ones.

• Like 1

I don't think anybody is keeping track of the Christmas Carol variations, so it's all on you now, Rev! :)

Lets see...

• 2.29: Original release - Includes a "Critical Bug" that crashes the game upon reaching the Boss Level.
    • Standard Edition
    • CGE-2012 Special Edition (with clear white cartridge shell) - 20 made (serials #1-20)
  • 2.34: Post-CGE-recall - Fixes "Critical Bug" found in release #2.29, along with some other minor bugs.
    • Standard Edition
  • 2.36: Post-PAL-recall - Fixes a bug reported after release #2.34 that manifested only on PAL hardware. Fixes also a bug that prevented the "kill screen" easter egg from activating, and includes the "build screen" for the first time, to track versions.
    • Standard Edition
  • 2.41: CvW-2012 Elf-Knight Special Edition - A special version of the game with a new level, created for the winner of the Carol vs. The World 2012 Championship.
    • Special Edition (with clear-blue cartridge shell) - 1 made
  • 2.43: CvW-2013 Scary-Ghost Special Edition - A special version of the game with a new enemy, new game-play elements, and lots of other goodies, created for the winner of the Carol vs. The World 2013 Championship. (Still in manufacturing)

Then there's the ROM versions and the beta variants in the wild--all marked with a build number--but these are not as interesting to track.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I don't recall right now whether we replaced the CGE-2012 Special Edition copies with new fixed versions in clear shells as well. If so, there are more copies with clear shell out there, but cart-only.

Can someone with a Special Edition corroborate whether their replacement copy was clear shell as well?

I don't recall right now whether we replaced the CGE-2012 Special Edition copies with new fixed versions in clear shells as well. If so, there are more copies with clear shell out there, but cart-only.

Can someone with a Special Edition corroborate whether their replacement copy was clear shell as well?

I was one of the 2 (?) lucky buyers who got a CGE SE after the show. You replaced the rom already on this one. But later I asked you for a replacement to the corrected PAL version. Just the circuit board that I put in the clear shell.

So, there is at least one v2.36 in a clear shell. :)

• Like 1

I was one of the 2 (?) lucky buyers who got a CGE SE after the show. You replaced the rom already on this one. But later I asked you for a replacement to the corrected PAL version. Just the circuit board that I put in the clear shell.

So, there is at least one v2.36 in a clear shell. :)

Yes, I remember you. I personally handled all PAL recalls, which were more "replacements" than "recalls," as nobody was required to return their copy. :)

Also, for those keeping track, the ROM-only editions do not contain any easter eggs, these are only in the cartridge (CIB & replacement) editions.

Does anybody collect ROMs? I could provide a list of the ROM versions in the wild and how to tell them apart, but I'm not sure if anybody cares...

-dZ.

<p>

Looks good! A couple of things that i did not see:

• Game Factory box also came with Game Factory instruction manual
  • In addition to Hover Bovver Demo, there was Hover Bovver 1/2 Cut

The half cut and demo are the same,no? Didnt half cut cart get sold, then box seperate?

The half cut and demo are the same,no? Didnt half cut cart get sold, then box seperate?

There is only the Half Cut. It contains a Beta of Hover Bovver and a demo of Match 5.

Box and overlays sold seperate.

Do you have the Defender of the Crown demo? (I see, you have)

Edited by Intymike

I don't think anybody is keeping track of the Christmas Carol variations, so it's all on you now, Rev! :)

Lets see...

• 2.29: Original release - Includes a "Critical Bug" that crashes the game upon reaching the Boss Level.
    • Standard Edition
    • CGE-2012 Special Edition (with clear white cartridge shell) - 20 made (serials #1-20)
  • 2.34: Post-CGE-recall - Fixes "Critical Bug" found in release #2.29, along with some other minor bugs.
    • Standard Edition
  • 2.36: Post-PAL-recall - Fixes a bug reported after release #2.34 that manifested only on PAL hardware. Fixes also a bug that prevented the "kill screen" easter egg from activating, and includes the "build screen" for the first time, to track versions.
    • Standard Edition
  • 2.41: CvW-2012 Elf-Knight Special Edition - A special version of the game with a new level, created for the winner of the Carol vs. The World 2012 Championship.
  • 2.43: CvW-2013 Scary-Ghost Special Edition - A special version of the game with a new enemy, new game-play elements, and lots of other goodies, created for the winner of the Carol vs. The World 2013 Championship. (Still in manufacturing)

Then there's the ROM versions and the beta variants in the wild--all marked with a build number--but these are not as interesting to track.

-dZ.

So, basicly standard edition and cge,?

The versions with just 1 copy,I wont include. But may make a footnote.

So, basicly standard edition and cge,?

The versions with just 1 copy,I wont include. But may make a footnote.

There's at least 3 Standard Editions and at least 2 CGE Special Editions out there, versions not units.

Edited by DZ-Jay