IGNORED

Graphics modes

Yeah, but it looks like a bunch of crap. It has no meaning or usefulness in the particular application, other than being a technical show of how many colors can be jammed into the mode -- and that not even tastefully. Is there a better example of this technique somewhere?

OK, possibly my mistake... I didn't look closely enough at the other actual game screens to see that some of the colored text there looks like it might be antic 2 -- probably because the font looks different than the rest of the hi-res text, which isn't colored. It would look better if the colors weren't on alternating lines though. Is it actually antic 2? I don't see any individual pixels on any lines. Every pixel is at least one color clock wide, but there some half clock shifts between lines. So maybe it's not Antic 2 at all. What is the technique being used there?

Edited by MrFish

Yeah, but it looks like a bunch of crap. It has no meaning or usefulness in the particular application, other than being a technical show of how many colors can be jammed into the mode -- and that not even tastefully. Is there a better example of this technique somewhere?

Assembloids on the other hand, shows how mode manipulation can be used to create a useful display that expands the vocabulary of hi-res text in combination with multi-color graphics on the 8-bits.

True, I imagine with using the right colours in a table say at the right time you can obtain clear differences such like having diagonal coloured lines throughout the screen, instead of the very popular horizontal lines of colour and shade, something I don't think has been done, admittedly, I presume this effect here shows the amount of time and effort put into it. I too wonder if anything more useful has been done.