IGNORED

TI-99/4A VaporHARDware?

Omega-TI

What's the need for a calc-cart that ties up the port unless it made use of the TI's high-precision math or allowed saving a custom calculation/program to cassette or disk. Looks more like a Port Dream that somebody sketched up. TigerCub wrote a multimemory calculator program for the TI that would probably blow that plug-in doohickey away.

Now that embedded keypad and port hack is another thing entirely!

Early calculators had a very simple keyboard. I often thought about rewiring one to the TI to act as a sort of Function/Key pad to make those double-key entries into a single key press. One key to Break, Edit, Insert, Erase, navigate, etc. but I think you'd need double-pole switches on the keys for it to be so easy in use.

-Ed

Has anyone ever seen one of these?!? I've never even heard of a calculator for the cartridge slot!

Looks like a drawing from a 'patent' that was filed.

Where is source of info or rest of the 'patent' info, each number in picture comes along with block of text for it.

You have to see what 20, 26, 24 say to get an idea of what this device does.

Alot of companies 'patent' many devices, but they never build them, they just make sure they have rights secured incase someone else wants to do something like that.

The original TI99/4 before the <A> model had option called 'Equation Calculator' as built-in module selection item below the normal TI BASIC.

Maybe this was add-on to go along with it to make it easier to input 'equations' or it was dropped and replaced with the 'software' added in the /4 in the end, which was removed by the time /4a came along.

Alot of stuff was dropped near the start, like the 'wireless joysticks', the 'internal speaker', and even cartridges for the 'speech box'.

Although some of the internal speaker variants actually did make it into the wild before they dropped them. I have one of those. The speech synthesizers with the connector for the speech modules made it out the door too--but I'm not sure that any of the modules ever did.