IGNORED

Optional variables in user written subprogram?

I had thought about that and rejected it, my thinking being that an array might be used such as NOTE(X,Y,Z) and the extra commas would cause problems. Or, since computer programmers are a devious bunch, something like VAL(SEG$,A$,I,3) could turn up. But realistically those possibilities seem very remote.

To me the best bet would be to use an assembly subprogram to search the XB program in high memory for CALL SOUND. If found then count up the commas and plug in the appropriate number. I will take a look at some of the music programs that I have and see if Insane's approach might be a viable one.

Quite true. There are a good number of us programming deviants out there ;) From an assembly perspective, do the sound values survive in memory/VDP following the ISR, so that you could extract the last value every interrupt via a user interrupt routine tacked onto the ISR? Maybe an emulator could be configured to dump the sound bytes written to the chip into a sound list? Just a few random thoughts....