IGNORED

No luck at all today

SteelerFan

I decide to use one of my spring break days and hit some goodwll and thrift stores. Only saw a few common carts today. I did see a woodgrain atari unit at a Goodwill for $25.00. I passed on that one! It did have Combat and Pac-Man with it! I was tempted! HAHAHAHAHA

I did stop at a crummy looking pawnshop and the owner said to come back on Saturday and he may have something for me. He seemd to think he had a few games SOMEWHERE in the back.

I did pick a 5200 Quest for Quintana Roo the other day for 2 bucks. Nothing really spectactular, but its those little things that keep you motivated. My buddy has FIVE Chuckwagons. Two of those he got at a Goodwill a week apart... at the same Goodwill! WHAT LUCK!

Wish me luck this weekend when I hit the fleamarkets!

STEELERFAN

Tomorrow I am going to the local Salvation Army thrift shop and Clevenger's, a sort of second hand/thrift shop. If it is just like the last time I went to those places, the only Atari items I will see is Combat & Football for the 2600, Super Breakout for 5200, and Spider City(?) for the Atari computers. :sad: But they are only $1.50, each. :|

i think sometimes thrifts are a rip off. i seen a game gear for $20. thats pretty expensive for a thrift. at the same store there were common intellivision carts for $4.25 :roll: i don't think they know what they have are worth, just slap on a price what they think is worth. :roll:

There is a Thift shop near me that I think is running a racket. All the other stores sell carts at about 1-2 bucks tops. This one store sells 'em at 4.99 each, and commons at 2.99. I think somebody knows or researches their product. (no rares to be had - 4.99= 3s or 4s on AA rare scale). I know, 4.99 is chump change, but it can add up when see they have about 20 carts you need. The last time I was there, they about 50-60 titles, and only a couple repeats.