IGNORED

Need help stripping Turbo Basic XL off of DOS 4 disk ?

ACML

I don't believe that I'd ever heard of these two variants of Turbo Basic/TBXL. There was TB800 -- aka Frost Basic which is "blended" with Atari Dos 2.0, TB32Q which is the same thing, but stripped so that it can be used with Sparta and a few other Dos versions with a low LOMEM. (For instance, some 3.x versions of MyDos can use this one.)

Are there any other docs or background on 2.0/2.1? This is a nice find!

-Larry

I don't believe that I'd ever heard of these two variants of Turbo Basic/TBXL. There was TB800 -- aka Frost Basic which is "blended" with Atari Dos 2.0, TB32Q which is the same thing, but stripped so that it can be used with Sparta and a few other Dos versions with a low LOMEM. (For instance, some 3.x versions of MyDos can use this one.)

Are there any other docs or background on 2.0/2.1? This is a nice find!

-Larry

Ooh!

I never knew about TB32Q!

Thanks, Larry!

-SteveS

In case you're looking for it I found TB32Q.ARC on the Pigwa FTP site a while back.

Thanks, Bill. I have Holmes collection from way back but I didn't know to look for TB32Q until now.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Bewedos.

I love it when I find a new thing for the old 800, even when the new thing itself is old. Not to be this time.

I learned of FrOst BASIC only a few years ago but being tied to DOS 2.x makes it somewhat inconvenient.

-SteveS