IGNORED

CosmosEx

Finally got video for my 1040STf/Cosmos, but when I power on it sounds like a key is being held down and the keyboard does not respond. (this is with the CosmosEx hooked up) If I remove the kb/cosmos same issue (wondering if it's the ST), reconnected the keyboard and the system/kb behaves normally.

I'm having an issue where the ST gives me 3 bomb and occasionally 4 bomb errors on power up, so maybe that's it, but was curious if anyones gotten similar errors with their Cosmos?

-A.

So I had the INKB connector hooked up to power, so I moved it where that's supposed to go and at least now the keyboard is behaving correctly. I hooked up the CosmosEx to my HDMI and was able to update and make sure it was running correctly, but when I power it on the I see CEDD Boot Loader message and 11 Bombs (Used to be 4 before the update).

Not sure if I have to setup my SD card a certain way. At the moment I only have 1 SD card, maybe it doesn't like the card or something?

Gonna see if I can find another memory card, but in the meantime, anyone else encounter this?

• 1 year later...

Why when a raspberry pi is only $30 and can emulate an ST just as well,

Edward! How's it going?

Short answer? Because I LOVE my ST (well right now my ST is suffering a bad PSU, but my STe is kicking ass)!

Using the CE to add device functions lets me use the ST(e) without storage limitations and adds connectivity that was pretty much impossible back in the day. It's a great device and lets me use all these old computers I have lying around like they were brand new!

I've played around with the ST emulators on RPi. It's nice, but I already have the ST hardware and there are some things emulation doesn't do terribly well. I'm not saying Emulation isn't amazing, but I have a PC for emulation which runs better than a RPi.

Did I answer your question?

To update this thread on topic, my CE is now mounted permanently in my Atari 1040 STe, it runs great it even powers up before the memory test completes so no need to reset the STe on first boot. It runs great and I use it often. I've upgraded the system with Exxos's TOS 1.62/2.06 Switcher which works great, next I'm going to do the 32Mhz CPU upgrade and make finally add an A/B floppy drive switch so I can boot from actual floppy disks via an external SF314.

I'll probably try my hand at retro bright on the case once finished and stable.

Is he going to have another run of these? I saw a demo in person of one a couple weeks ago and I really want one. How can I get one?

Think you can just go to Jookie's website and place and order, he's been making them on demand for a while. Currently on hardware rev. 2, the main difference being that you can set the HDD interface to EITHER ASCI (ST/STe), or SCSI (TT/Falcon), so that's kindda cool. There's a CosmosEx Forum over at Atari-forum.com where Jookie often answers questions.

Is he going to have another run of these? I saw a demo in person of one a couple weeks ago and I really want one. How can I get one?

Jookie was planning to start another run next month. He is out of stock at the moment, but not permanently. Come to think of it, I would like to get one for my own Atari 1040STE. I could use one. Thanks for letting me share and I hope that it helps. :)

Edited by jericho_21