IGNORED

What is a good score on D2K - game 1?

grips03

The thought has crossed my mind. ;-) Any suggestions for what D3K would be?

1. Great levels are the most important thing. And these really made both DK and D2K great games. Unfortunately, it's hard to suggest (except for the ice/snow, sleepy level -Rev may be right?!! :-)

2. Give us more power.

Bruno now can throw the hammer which will make damage in its tragetory (destroying barrels and if it hits the kong, he will stop throwing barrels). Using a second button.

Tony will make the wall jump. Since there aren't many walls, he could also bounce on ladders or jump and grab them on mid-air. He could climb the broken ladders by jumping :) . Using a second button to grab ladders on mid-air and normal jump button to bounce.

I was thinking to give Mario the fire power, so he could destroy barrels (a second button too).

But how to make this?? Maybe one of Daisy's belongings is a flower which becomes magical when that walking flame touches it...

Make the third jump special.

After jumping two barrels in a row (thus multiplying your bonus) you can keep the jumping button pressed and make automatic jumps. If you release the button, you lose the special jumping.

Other than these, I would have to think more... But, anyway, you have a great game. I'm sure a D3K would be fantastic.

• Like 1

1. Great levels are the most important thing. And these really made both DK and D2K great games. Unfortunately, it's hard to suggest (except for the ice/snow, sleepy level -Rev may be right?!! :-)

2. Give us more power.

Bruno now can throw the hammer which will make damage in its tragetory (destroying barrels and if it hits the kong, he will stop throwing barrels). Using a second button.

Tony will make the wall jump. Since there aren't many walls, he could also bounce on ladders or jump and grab them on mid-air. He could climb the broken ladders by jumping :) . Using a second button to grab ladders on mid-air and normal jump button to bounce.

I was thinking to give Mario the fire power, so he could destroy barrels (a second button too).

But how to make this?? Maybe one of Daisy's belongings is a flower which becomes magical when that walking flame touches it...

Make the third jump special.

After jumping two barrels in a row (thus multiplying your bonus) you can keep the jumping button pressed and make automatic jumps. If you release the button, you lose the special jumping.

Other than these, I would have to think more... But, anyway, you have a great game. I'm sure a D3K would be fantastic.

These are good ideas. I had already thought about adding some abilities to each character, including throwing the hammer and being able to drop down a level (to escape a sticky situation or aggressively pursue an enemy). I also want to add a doubles mode for specially designed boards. It's hard to what the enemies would be with so few sprites left; it would probably be more of a puzzle-oriented board, like The refinery.

• Like 1

ability to transform into robot form when killed by fire ghost thing <--sort of like Terminator

big / indestructible mode <-- sort of like Bonk 3

squirrel-suit mode - climb to top and jump off side and fly to platform to rescue to girl - avoid kong throwing barrels

ability to jump into tank to traverse bomb field

exploding barrels that you must avoid, but can't jump, and bomb proof suit as pickup item

Edited by grips03