IGNORED

COCO JOYSTICK EXTENSION CABLES...

Stevaside

Do these exist? & better yet if they do should I be able to actually find a pair out there at a reasonable price?

Can't seem to find any on Ebay at least. After alot of being sidetracked, I should finally be getting my Coco 3 shortly & like the rest of my systems, I'd prefer to have extensions long enough to where I can keep it nice & organized on my TV stand & play comfortably without having to move it around or set it on the floor.

Thanks for any responses, hoping to find some ahead of time. Built up a collection of 24 games already but still no Coco yet...lol..Yea, I know.. :D

& BTW, still looking for these ones, if you have any for sale or would consider please let me know. I wound up with an extra Rad Warrior I'd consider trading for too

Androne

Demon Attack

Don Pan

Dragon Fire

Math Tutor [Had it as a kid, played it alot with sister & would like to experience the nostalgia of seeing it & playing again. (Think only 1 low quality screenshot exists on the web :( ]

Rampage

Roller Ball (Coco 3 Version)

Edited by Stevaside

Good question. I know the CoCo 1 and 2 had a 5 pin DIN connection almost like the round style serial and I thought of suggesting that but researched to find the Deluxe puts a sixth in the middle for the second fire button for a CoCo 3.

You might have to do a custom job if no one sells this.

• Like 1

Yeah, the coco joystick in a 6 pin DIN. You can easily make one with a female and a male din and a run of wire.

The DIN is like THIS.

This ebay auction is in the UK, but looks like it may be the cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PIN-DIN-EXTENSION-PLUG-SOCKET-CABLE-LEAD-FOR-CAR-RADIO-EG-BECKER-BLAUPUNKT-/261553652542?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3ce5d0033e

Yeah, the coco joystick in a 6 pin DIN. You can easily make one with a female and a male din and a run of wire.

The DIN is like THIS.

This ebay auction is in the UK, but looks like it may be the cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PIN-DIN-EXTENSION-PLUG-SOCKET-CABLE-LEAD-FOR-CAR-RADIO-EG-BECKER-BLAUPUNKT-/261553652542?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3ce5d0033e

Thanks for the info...So if I find an extension thats 6-pin DIN, it should work fine with the deluxe joystick??

I keep pulling up results that say "6-pin mini DIN" is that the same ? & That seems to be the same thing as the PS/2 for old computer mice before USB, can that be right????

Edited by Stevaside

Thanks for the info...So if I find an extension thats 6-pin DIN, it should work fine with the deluxe joystick??

I keep pulling up results that say "6-pin mini DIN" is that the same ? & That seems to be the same thing as the PS/2 for old computer mice before USB, can that be right????

No, a 6-Pin DIN is much larger than a 6-pin mini DIN. And yes, 6-pin mini DIN is a PS/2 port.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get the Wico TRS80 adaptor. It has decent length cables and would be an extender. It lets you use Atari joysticks on the CoCo. It is somewhat rare, but it works well (except it only has one button and a few games are better with the analog CoCo sticks). I leave the Wico connected and it functions just like extension cables.