IGNORED

Wishing for an Intellivision Game Refresh - Frog Bog

First Spear

I think the simplicity of this game is unique and what makes it FUN. The only thing it would want to change in this game is... Paint.

I would love to see this game with the graphics pushed to the absolute maximum. Using every available artistry tweak for the Intv that has come out between 1982 and 2014, it would be super cool to see frogs and flies (pun intended) with many more shapes in animation and drawn "nicer". I think releases like Carol vs Ghost and DK2 have shown sprites and backgrounds can really be intricate these days (no offense to the other independent releases out there most of which I have bought). There are just many more tools and techniques out there. Plus this little thing called the internet, with web sites and forums and e'lists for sharing ideas and content.

Hmm, maybe several random background tunes would be good too during play.

Thanks!

I would love to see an online multiplayer Intellivision game (Playcable? :grin: ) that combines elements of Frog Bog, Shark Shark, Fathom, and.....wait for it......Biplanes.

On the surface (pun intended) it's Frog Bog 2.0. Jump off the lily pad and you dive down into to the 'fish eat fish' world of Shark Shark. But what's this? A Dolphin? Let's follow him. Diving deeper and deeper in 6 foot intervals, this smart bastard just found - a mermaid? Say whaaat!? Smartypants dolphin swims back up toward the surface, takes a moment to bite the shark's tail, then bursts through the surface of the water magically turning into a seagull. The sky is the limit for this birdie. Let's find that jetstream, shall we? Hmmm, it's pleasant up here. Nice and quiet, and look! It's a hot air balloon! Que Bonita! Nothing left to do but just sit here and enjoy this - Biplane! The gunner unloads and bullets repeatedly pass through the seagull's breast, thighs, and wings. Why!? Oh, the humanity! Meanwhile the frog is still sitting on lily pad when......a dead bloody bird corpse falls from the sky. The water around the lily pad turns dark red. The frog frantically tries to stay centered on the lily pad, knowing what is soon to come. Then he sees it. Once you have seen the telltale silhouette of a shark fin in the water you never forget it. It circles a few times. There is blood everywhere. It's over.

I made a picture for the programmer to use for inspiration :grin:

FrogSharkFathomBiplanes

• Like 1