IGNORED

Wishing for a new Game - Autoduel

First Spear

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoduel

I think Autoduel would make a great 2014 conversion on the Intellivision, either from an independent label or Intellivision Productions themselves. For those unfamiliar with the game, think of Auto Racing but with different types of vehicles with weapons mounted on them.

With 32k+ cartridge sizes and bank switching and on-cart-save capabilities, the game could be fun for multiple-hour games; go from city to city hauling cargo to earn $ to improve a starter vehicle or weapons. Or be a bandit and prey on other vehicles making cargo runs. Or travel to arenas in different cities, battling for $. Or a combination of those things. Intv Autoduel could also be fun for short games where a player just customizes/weaponizes a starter vehicle and enters the arena. You get the idea.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a new game that fully used the keypad and required overlays?

• Like 1

Like Spy Hunter?

Spy Hunter is kind of like Bump-n-Jump in that you are always driving "forward". Autoduel is more free-form in that you can drive in any direction on the map. I don't know if it would be better to scroll the road in whatever direction the vehicle is taking like Auto Racing or change screens when the player car gets to a screen edge. Autoduel also allowed mounting weapons on any part of the car (front/back/left/right). On of my old-time favorites was a config I called "the hit man special", a luxury car chassis with flamethrowers on back and left and right with machine guns in the front.