IGNORED

Final Fantasy Origins

Miqorz

Has anyone been able to find this game?!

I have been looking for weeks and cant find a single copy!

PSX collectors...pick this one up and sell it in about 2 years for more the twice what you paid.

Anyone with a spare copy let me know. :|

According to a couple of sites that I looked at this morning, it isn't going to be released until April 8th. I seem to recall that it was supposed to have the original FF 1, 2, and 3 on it. The stuff I read this morning said it was FF 1 and 2 only. Hmmmm.

But thanks for the heads up. I had forgotten the title of it. I'm going to be getting somewhere between two and four copies. I'll either order them online tonight or reserve them at the shop.

Dude no one is going to buy a 2-d PSX Final Fantasy game....

but Final Fantasy Chronicles/Anthology ARE 2-d :P

BTW... FF Origins is always being posted to the newsgroups if you're into that sort of thing.. I got it already. But I'm still buying my copy when it hits. RPG's need instructions to go with them and make em all nice :)

(1) Has anyone been able to find this game?!

(2) But I am still pretty sure it will be rare..  

(3) Dude no one is going to buy a 2-d PSX Final Fantasy game....

The Japanese and PAL Version are already out.
(4) That is so wrong...in so many ways..

(1) FF Origins wasn't released yet.

(2) Why? FF Chronicles and Anthology are not rare. You can still buy them at squaresoft.com.

(3) Customers bought FF Chronicles and Anthology... both are 2D.

(4) No, it's not wrong. Square is a Japanese company. They serve their own country first.

FlackStash, I've never seen your face here before, but based upon the above conversation, I have to conclude you are... uh, unknowledgeable. Yes, that's a good word. Why don't you do the research FIRST, before you make an absurd statement? You keep making statements based upon a total lack of knowledge. Result: You keep making mistakes.

Instead, why don't you just ASK for the info you want?

Q: "Do you think FF Origins will be rare?"

A: "No because FF Chronicles/Anthology are not rare."

Q: "What's FF Chronicles/Anthology?"

A: "A collection of games called FF4, 5, 6 and Chrono Trigger. They have 2D sprite graphics just like Origins and sold quite well. They are still available from Square. Since Chonicles/Anthology did well, I expect Origins to do well too. Many people want to play all the Final Fantasy games regardless of age or primitive graphics."

Get the facts first. Form an opinion later. If you do that, you won't look so... unknowledgeable. And you won't make so many mistakes.

Okay Chronicles and Anthology were releaed around the time when everyone was still buying PSX games... People have recently been moveing on and focusing ONLY on next gen systems.

Also my remark was about it being released in PAL format allready which really shocked me!

Also troy the reason you havent seen my name much is because I recently changed it.

And maybe you should read around more because I am a very active poster and I will mind you not to down my video gameing knowledge heck you're the one who thinks the Jag isnt 64 bit.

And also Anthology and Chronicles ARE reasonabley rare.

Look my view is the PS2 has been out for like 2 years now and they are starting to say PS3 is comeing soon I don't think many people will be focusing on this PSX game and I think Square sees this and will put a limited run on it.

A quick check on ebay shows that it is very possible for a sealed copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles to fetch significantly over its original price of $40. Opened copies seem to regularly get $30. As the PS1 is phased out further, the prices will increase even more.

Final Fantasy Origins is much less promoted than Chronicles was. I'm a classic Final Fantasy fan and I didn't even know about it until about a month and a half ago. Plus, FFO is going to be a PS1 game. Most stores that carry games are no longer stocking new PS1 games. The PS1 is on its way out. FFO will definitely be a limited release title. In fact, it seems only specialty game shops are even considering stocking this one, and even then only in very limited numbers.

So, we have a game at the end of a system's run, and limited distribution, the classic elements that produce "collectible" games. Look at Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn), Shining Force 3 (Saturn), Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Sega CD), Dragon Warrior IV (NES). History tells us that games that meet these critera (especially RPGs) get respectable after market values. And people get carried away with Final Fantasy anyway. I've seen sealed copies of Final Fantasy 1 for the NES go on eBay for over $150. And FF1 is a pretty damn common game. (I still kick myself for not spending the paltry amount of cash it would have taken to purchase the 20 copies of FF1 that the local KB Toys had when they went out of business.)

I have four copies of FFO on the way. One is for me to play. One is to give as a present. One is in case my first copy gets scratched somehow. And the last is for possible speculation. If I'm wrong, then I've wasted $60 on two extra copies of the game. If I'm right, then I won't have wallet shock woes in replacing a damaged copy, and I very well might get a return on my investment down the road.

But I am still pretty sure it will be rare.. hehe time to stock up. :ponder:

Why? FF Chronicles and Anthology are not rare. You can buy them straight off the squaresoft.com website. So, if those Final Fantasy collections are not rare, why would Origins be rare?

Actually, they are indeed relatively uncommon, Chronicles moreso than Anthology.

Thank you for the tip. I missed out on Chronicles when in came out. FF4 and Chrono Trigger weren't my favorites, and the expenditure of cash at the time was not an option. Since then, my financial situation has improved vastly, and I've wanted to add them to my collection. Sadly, the only option seemed to be paying near $70 all told for a sealed copy on eBay or spending $30 for the opened copy lacking the original case at the local GameStop (actually one of the few games they don't have the original case for).

Wouldn't happen to know where I could get a brand new sealed copy of PS1 RPG Maker, wouldja? :D

Okay Chronicles and Anthology were releaed around the time when everyone was still buying PSX games... People have recently been moveing on and focusing ONLY on next gen systems.
FF Origins is both a PSX and PS2 game. It will work on either one, so next gen gamers can still experience some classic Nintendo goodness. You shouldn't assume that just because the game has 16-bit graphics, people won't buy it.

People who pay $40-50 for FF Chronicles/Anthology are rather foolish. Squaresoft.com sells them for $20 brand new... at least as of December when I bought my copies.

theaveng is right in that the Chronicles and Anthology games can still be purchased new from SquareSoft's website. I'm sure you could find them in stock elsewhere in other online video game shops. This kind of negates the necessity of paying 70 dollars for them sealed on Ebay, but hey, that's a whole other level of stupidity.

Anyone who wants this FF Origins game will be getting it when it is released. Final Fantasy nuts are a different animal than the masses who, as FlackStash has observed, are ignoring the PSX because of bigger, better platforms. I guarantee that a year from now you'll still be able to get this game sealed in retail, offline or online. In five years? Sure, you won't be able to buy it then- but you can sit on a lot of things and make money off of them that way. :roll:

The original Final Fantasy cart, also, averages around 12-15 bucks on ebay, and there's a blue million of them.

The original Final Fantasy cart, also, averages around 12-15 bucks on ebay, and there's a blue million of them.

Yes, but a search of completed auctions on ebay does show that a Final Fantasy NES cart complete with maps and box, but unsealed, can fetch over $50. Of particular note is that the box doesn't even have to be intact.

$25 seems to be the average if you have the opened cart and the accompanying book and posters while missing the box. That's not too shabby at all for a semi-common NES cart that was selling in stores for $2.50 at the end of the NES era.

And for the person upthread that mentioned Final Fantasy Chronicles being $20 in December, that is no longer true. The Squaresoft site now has them listed at the original sale price of $40 each.