IGNORED

Introducing: Edladdin Controllers for the 7800

edladdin

Exciting news everyone! Our storefront at "www.edladdin.com" is finally up and running with the Seagull 78 gamepad adapter, the Super 78 controller, and the Super Twin 78 controller available for purchase.

Anyone considering these products is encouraged to use the following coupon codes:

"AtariAge-Gull" for $5.00 off the Seagull 78

"AtariAge-Super" for $10.00 off the Super 78

"AtariAge-SuperTwin" for $20.00 off the Super Twin 78

There is no time limit planned for these coupons.

We are still not quite fully integrated with our all of our vendors... At this point we can ship via USPS and you can pay via PayPal. Within a couple more days we will also be able to ship via UPS and you will also be able to pay with the usual credit cards. But in the meantime I wanted to let you know the doors are open!

PS: We welcome any feedback you might have on the site or the process. Its pretty basic right now, but we will continue to make improvements.

------------

Note: The coupon codes that facilitated the "AtariAge Prices" mentioned above will be discontinued on January 4, 2016. We hope everyone that was interested was able to utilize these deep introductory discounts.

Edited by edladdin
  • Like 1

Following up on plans for the All-Leaf and All-Play Supreme 78 controllers, I am pleased to announce the first run of 24 oak cases has arrived from the cabinet maker. They look and feel really great - the solid oak plank construction glows against the punched steel control panels. They are much heavier than the pine prototype box seen in previous photos and the craftsmanship is also at another level. In the empty box pics, note the magnetic cabinet latches in the center to keep the hinged control panel in place.

Now that we have the actual enclosures we can figure out the final details necessary to post it on the store - "how much is the wrapped shipping weight?" and so on... We should have this figured out by the end of the week and these products will go live too.

Best wishes,

Ed

post-40253-0-06719300-1416379674_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-62572500-1416379674_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-50326600-1416379675_thumb.jpg

post-40253-0-20456800-1416379676_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What is the purpose of the lip on the edge of the metal top hanging over the wood base? IMO it would look much nicer flush with the wood base.

The lip gives you a kind of handle with which to open the hinged control panel to change the 4/8 plate back and forth. I guess you could always pull on the joystick, but that seems less elegant.

Exciting news everyone! Our storefront at "www.edladdin.com" is finally up and running with the Seagull 78 gamepad adapter, the Super 78 controller, and the Super Twin 78 controller available for purchase.

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to add a first-class shipping option for the "Seagull"? It seems like it would be under 13oz.

Thanks for the update. Is it possible to add a first-class shipping option for the "Seagull"? It seems like it would be under 13oz.

"Your wish is my command!"

Seriously, you are totally correct. I have just changed that so First Class should come up as an option. I also found that there was a random $2 handling fee being included in one of those shipping menus and have turned that off for USA transactions.

Rgds,

Ed

• Like 1

"Your wish is my command!"

Seriously, you are totally correct. I have just changed that so First Class should come up as an option. I also found that there was a random $2 handling fee being included in one of those shipping menus and have turned that off for USA transactions.

Rgds,

Ed

Thanks! Payment Sent.

• Like 1

I thought genesis controllers worked on the 2600/7800? Or only some and not all hence the adapter?

The Genesis controllers work perfectly with the 2600 and single fire button systems. With the 7800 the Genesis gamepad works the same as plugging in a CX-40, where you get primary fire but the secondary button (ie: hyperspace in Asteroids) is not functional. With the Seagull 78 adapter you get true two-button gameplay from the Genesis controller's "B" and "C" buttons.

Wow, thanks everyone for an amazing first day of business for Edladdin Controllers! For the orders received yesterday and overnight, we are expecting to dispatch all the Seagull 78s today. Likewise, the controllers should be in the mail tomorrow afternoon or Monday morning. Each of you should get an "order shipped" email from the storefront as we close out the individual invoices.

I have to say, its unexpectedly thrilling to be a real life vendor in support of the Atari community. I was SO obsessed with all things Atari as a kid, that to be a part of that legacy in even this small way is amazing. And I can't wait to share this good news with the friends and family who have been incredulous about this whole venture. Thanks for giving me exciting news to share at the Thanksgiving table. You have made my wish come true! :-)

Thanks again everyone!!!

Exciting news! After a morning of tech support and purchase of the SSL certificate, we now have full credit card processing capabilities at edladdin.com! You can use Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. So we are now running on all cylinders!

The photo here shows the first three controllers built for clients - two Super 78s and a Super Twin 78. They still look at little bare in this photo... the product labels will go on last, right before we pack them up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

post-40253-0-16663900-1416587590_thumb.jpg

• Like 2