IGNORED

Light gun pinout?

Video

I was curious what the pinout for the Atari Light gun is. I'm wondering because I assume they all work more or less alike, you pull the trigger, and the screen goes black except a white spot, and your gun'e either amed at it or not.

If I knew what the pinout on the light guns were, I could probably build one out of a NES Light gun, scince I have so many laying around.

Pin 1 - Trigger

Pin 6 - Light Sensor

Pin 7 - +5V

Pin 8 - Ground

If you want to mod a gun use a Sega Master System or Saturn gun. Or even an Arcade gun. Avoid the Nintendo guns, they use a serial connection and you will just give yourself a headache trying it.

Mitch

Pin 1 - Trigger

Pin 6 - Light Sensor

Pin 7 - +5V

Pin 8 - Ground

If you want to mod a gun use a Sega Master System or Saturn gun. Or even an Arcade gun. Avoid the Nintendo guns, they use a serial connection and you will just give yourself a headache trying it.

Mitch

Thanks for the help.

I'm not concerend with the odd connection for the Nintendo gun, as I was simply going to cut it off and put a new one on it.

I can't use a Master System gun, because I don't have any, but I personally have 15 Nintendo Light guns (I'm the local game collector and often get dead Nintendos with complete controller sets)

Cool, I'm assuming it's kind of like working with a NES controller, desolder the cable and chips, and solder a new cable in place bypassing the old chip.

Oh well, I guess I'll find out.

Hey....If I got a MS light gun, then I could make a box that swaps the pins around (I saw a 9 pin dip switch connector) Unless it needs something inside, that'd probably be the way to go.f