IGNORED

Just got Coco 3, Deluxe Joystick not working on certain games &...

Stevaside

Well I finally got my Coco 3 today...Hooking it up to my TV & firing up Super Pitfall gave me the biggest wave of nostalgia I've had in a while :) ..It was like I was transported right back to the floor of my parent's living room in the late 80's lol

I had the black, non self-centering joystick though when I was a kid, but this time around I got the Deluxe model. Super Pitfall & a couple other games played with no problem, but others like Thexder & Rad Warrior I couldn't get to work right. I read the manual online about the switches on the bottom & dials on the top that I was never familiar with, but no matter what I tried, nothing seemed to help. Sure it's one simple thing I'm overlooking. For Thexder the button is making him jump, but the joystick does nothing...Same with Tetris, the button drops the tiles down but nothing else works...on Rad Warrior the character just runs on his own until he gets stuck in a corner where he proceeds to run in place lol..Same thing with a couple others I've tried so far, button works but joystick doesn't...yet there are a few games where I have no issues

Another thing...I was disappointed to see vertical lines on the screen on my flatscreen with the composite input. They're not bad enough to where it's unplayable though at least, but I could def do without them...I haven't tried the RF yet, but I imagine it would look worse. The picture from my modded 7800, Genesis & Super NES composite outputs is clear on the other hand....But my NES, when I 1st hooked it up to this TV it appeared to be fine..Shortly after the AC Adapter went bad (Generic universal NES/SNES/Genesis plug)..Once I got a replacement (Official NES) I now get thin wavy lines in the background of every game :( I happen to be using the same RCA cables on the Coco 3 that I was just using on the NES..But the chances of the cable itself being the problem would be too good to be true I'm sure...I have no others ATM, so no way to test another set anyways..Can anyone shed any light on any possible solution? I don't want to get a seperate CRT TV or play on a monitor (nor have the space if I wanted to)

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Edited by Stevaside

Did you check to see if the games used the other joystick port?

CoCo games are really bad about using the same joystick for single player.

Another edit:

Turns out Thexder & Tetris were the only games I tried switching joysticks yesterday, which didn't help...The Tetris manual said to hit the J key to activate joystick mode but I still couldn't get it to work...Happy to say that was the problem with the rest of the games & now after just looking up the Thexder manual, I learned you have to press CTRL + J on it...Thanks for the advice, I went ahead & plugged both joysticks in & tested the rest & that solved it...Now if I can only get Tetris to work now

Edited by Stevaside