IGNORED

C=64 drag and drop music editors?

godzillajoe

Hey guys, I usually hang out at 2600 and 7800 forums but I'm on a bit of a C= 64 kick lately. Since I'm also I closet terrible musician I started messing with SID songs and was wondering if you guys knew what the popular editors back in the day were. I think the one I used had a GUI and you could drag and drop notes onto a staff. Thought it was Activision's Music Maker but that doesn't seem right. Even though I did own that cart. What else was out there with similar capabilities. I swear it was just something like SID Master or SID Editor but I can't remember that far back.

I think you mean Music Studio by Activision. The other music that comes to my mind would be The Music Shop by Broderbund. Neither of those tend to have functionality to extract song files that can be used to generate a .SID file in the end, although HVSC contains such songs that have been extracted and crafted manually.

Edited by carlsson