IGNORED

Seaman's free. Now what?

Brian R.

OK, so I'm a little late, but I just got to the point in Seaman on my Dreamcast where they are free and in the wild. I can visit them, but don't need to care for them anymore. Leonard Nimoy has also stopped doing his intros.

So - without spoilers - is there really any reason to keep visiting them? Is anything more going to happen? A Yes or No will do. If there is more to it, I'd like to be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the same point when I last saved my game about a year ago. It's just supposed to be like you have a friend you can go visit from time to time - I don't think that the game progresses to any other environs. Though Seaman has hinted at clues to the mystery of his past.

I have two of them out there. they get into slapfights an awful lot. I gotta turn the clock back in my DC so I can see what action I've missed in the last year. Man, did my girlfriend and I just love Seaman!

Wasn't a sequel supposed to come out for PS2? I saw some screenshots, but I don't the game ever hit America. Vivarium,'s website was all in Japanese last time I checked, and they were hawking a PC version that worked via e-mail somehow... like Seaman was going to send you mails, and I htink that he lived on your desktop. I'd love to get that...

I also would liked to have gotten the exclusive Seaman branded DC (it was red with the logo on it) and they even had a Seaman explorers jacket and a bunch of other explorer-themed schwag. None of that stuff ever made it over here...

The walkthroughs that I've found give up way too soon. Many also make conclusions that are ultimately incorrect. I think that it's because people played the game by accelerating the DC clock, etc. and tried to burn through it.

I'll hve to put it on soon and see what lies ahead for Seaman in the jungle, or if it's just pretty much done now. Since the jungle is where the credits are hidden, it would be pretty compelling evidence that it's more or less endgame - then again I wouldn't put it past the squirrley folks at Vivarium to put in a secret or two even at the end.