IGNORED

Intellisound - Intellivision soundboard for iOS

Flojomojo

IntelliSound

Description

Sounds sampled directly from the classic Intellivision® game library

By Realtime Associates, Inc.

While you're at it, take a look at our retro-remake Gen2 Intellivision games, inspired by the originals:

Intellivision Gen2 Astrosmash (https://appsto.re/i6gc6m3)

Intellivision Gen2 Shark! Shark! (https://appsto.re/i6gw28M)

Sounds from classic Intellivision® video games are ©Intellivision Productions, Inc. and are used under license.

I've been meaning to ask, and this seems as likely a place as any - is there an INTV emulator for iPhone? One that I can load my own ROMs into? Trying to figure out a way to demo my own homebrew when people ask to see it, and I don't feel like carting a laptop around. And unfortunately I'm stuck with this phone thanks to work.

Don't know of one. Apple has a lot of funny rules about what apps are allowed to do. Is there an Atari emulator for iOS? The jzIntv port for Android actually works well even on my super old 2.3 phone.

Ditto for the jzintv4droid on the super old Android 2.3 phone. However, I'll likely be replacing my phone by end-of-month. My phone is 4.5 years old, it runs really slow on some WWW sites (like www.tomshardware.com), and its second battery is reaching the end of its life (1st one died 2 years ago).

Freeweed (nice name) -- there was a commercial intellivision emulator a few years ago, with Vh1 branding and about 6 games. It's been pulled but supposedly is being reworked for rerelease. It wasn't fun to control but the speed and accuracy was okay. I'm looking forward to its return and will post something here if and when it shows up. I'm pretty into the ios scene and am unlikely to miss it.

Jzintv has released source code but you'd need to make an interface to run anything in ios. The controls would be trickiest thing to pull off, in my opinion.

There are also remakes of Astrosmash and Shark Shark by Realtime Associates. I believe they have some forner Intellivision engineers on staff.