IGNORED

Picked up a Sony PVM-M2U today

Zap!

Drove all the way down to Morristown, NJ to this guy's house. He had like 20 different monitors which he sells. Anyway. I picked up a PVM-20M2U. A 20 incher with good specs, RGB, composite, s-video, etc. I'll be ordering a SCART to BNC soon, but fow now, I have to settle for composite and s-video. Anyway, got it home and wanted to test out my Atari XEGS via composite.

Well, I can't until at least tomorrow, because Radio Shack closes at 7:00 on Sundays. Problem is, I need a "BNC to RCA adapter" so I can hook up composite to it. No big deal, I'll just go in the morning to but one. The only thing is, I have zero experience in BNC's. Is my port male or female? The video out is clearly female, but the video in looks questionable. I think I need a "BNC male to RCA female" adapter, but I just want to be positive.

I've included two pics. One of the monitor, and one of the BNC port. More pics to come of it in action. Since it has its own s-video ports, I am going to try my Dreamcast out. Can't wait to see how it looks.

post-12488-0-74448000-1412563632_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-46364900-1412563645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zap!

Went to Radio Shack and bought a single "BNC male to RCA female" adapter for $7.49, just got home and it works perfectly. I just ordered a 10 pack for $3.49 on eBay (and RS wonders why it has so few customers these days...). Anyway, here it is in action, hooked up to my Atari XEGS via composite. Pics don't do it justice.

post-12488-0-15737700-1412647684_thumb.jpg

post-12488-0-60417500-1412647709_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know Rip Shock is such a joke these days. If you have patience, you can order parts from China on eBait...dirt cheap. I bought the items for a project I'm working on pictured below for $4.00 and that was WITH shipping included! It would have cost me more than $4.00 in gas alone just to drive to the nearest Rip Shack store.

gallery_35324_1027_631264.jpg