IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

Jin, thanks for mentioning Lock N Chase! After about 5 games, I broke 30,000. Definitely a great game! 0509c1f335ce7502e8478eb90c7d10f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Awesome! At this point, after 45 minutes or so of playing, my high score is 26,190. I didn't think that was good enough to warrant taking a picture, but breaking 30,000 is pretty impressive! The police AI in this game is really tough and difficult to predict, but I like the random bonus box mechanic. Sometimes you get 250 points, sometimes you get 4,000. It adds an element of randomness to the game that is pretty cool and unique. Anyway, great score and glad to hear you're having fun playing Lock 'N' Chase too! :)

• Like 1

Wolfenstein VCS: The Next Mission and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring have been ordered (Jin Effect?) and shipped. Can't wait to play them.

Congratulations on the purchase! I'll be really looking forward to hearing what you think of them, especially your reaction to the Lord of the Rings manual. :lol: After playing Wolfenstein again this morning I continue to be impressed by what an astoundingly good Venture hack it is. Aside from some similar gameplay mechanics it doesn't even seem like the same game. Having to find a gun, collecting bullets, finding health packs to heal yourself, and having to figure out the hall guard movement patterns make it a very different (yet very fun) experience. Plus there's a real honest to goodness ending, and a secret bonus level to find! I think you'll enjoy it a lot. :)

As far as what I've been playing goes, I just got done playing Gravitar for the first time. I picked up a pristine copy of it from a local game store for $2 this afternoon and I can really see why so many people love this game! It's like a cross between Lunar Lander and Asteroids, and a very challenging one at that. The visuals are really nice for a 1983 release too, with lots of color and attention to detail. I picked up Freeway and Video Pinball along with it, as well as a beautiful Actiplaque-free copy of Pitfall! to replace my old copy that had a heavily plaqued label, so I'll have to spend some time trying those out in the not too distant future. Today was a great reminder of one of the things I love the most about collecting for the 2600: The ability to walk into a game store, spend $5, and walk out with 4 fun new games play. Systems just don't get any cheaper to collect good games for than the Atari 2600! :party:

Does that gameplay footage look slowed down to anyone else?

I think it doesn't. On Stella Emulator which I'm using to play 2600 games, the speed of game Beamrider keeps constant, even on sectors with more enemies (considering Framerate adjusted to nominal frequency - 60 Hz on NTSC Format).

But when I played Beamrider into Activision Anthology on Game Boy Advance Emulator, the speed decreased significantly with numerous enemies on the gamefield (at my own eyes, and on later sectors).

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

Just discovered Stay Frosty 2 for this week's HSC game! The original was pretty cool, but Spiceware really amped it up for the sequel! I also finally downloaded Toyshop Trouble, and that is one heck of a homebrew, as well.

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Edited by 24Fanatic365
  • Like 1

H.E.R.O. - One more video and statistical table to check out

Nice!

I guess when you play on the random level generator the bonus for the bombs and time is similar to level 20?

Before I realized that you can't die from a bomb in mid air, I perfected this technique of flying off narrow platforms (away from bombable walls) in a perfect horizontal line. What you have to do is first push up on the stick and then circle over to push away from the wall. Sometimes I have to close my eyes to make sure I am actually doing it in the correct order, but it works when you get it right. It gets you far away from the wall and helps avoid creatures below the area where you might fall. Also if you are already running, you can take off without a delay by pushing diagonally up. This is less useful as the game gets to its higher levels, but it saves some time here and there.

Just finished what turned out to be an epic game of Defender. Game 8A. Made it to Wave 120ish and a score of over 750,000 before I screwed up for the last time. That game really needed extra lives more infrequently than every 10,000 points.

Nice!

I guess when you play on the random level generator the bonus for the bombs and time is similar to level 20?

Before I realized that you can't die from a bomb in mid air, I perfected this technique of flying off narrow platforms (away from bombable walls) in a perfect horizontal line. What you have to do is first push up on the stick and then circle over to push away from the wall. Sometimes I have to close my eyes to make sure I am actually doing it in the correct order, but it works when you get it right. It gets you far away from the wall and helps avoid creatures below the area where you might fall. Also if you are already running, you can take off without a delay by pushing diagonally up. This is less useful as the game gets to its higher levels, but it saves some time here and there.

Thanks very much.

Depending on level used during the Game 5 match, you get 20 to 1000 bonus point per power unit remaining after you rescue a miner (20 points on Level 1 and the maximum of 1000 on Level 20). The only bonus points which are the same for all levels are: 1000 points by rescuing a miner, and 50 points per dynamite remaining at the ending of level.

Eventually, I have to make and present my statistical tables when I score points which are extremely difficult to reach.