IGNORED

SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB v3.1

atari8warez

A new batch will be available towards the end of month, some minor changes to the PCB but otherwise it is essentially the same device as v3.0.

USB connector is still a mini, i found it is a good compromise between a full and micro USB options for look and durablity.

I will update the on hand on my website as soon as i get the PCBs and the parts needed to build it. I don't run a AA pre-order thread, but if anyone wants to pre-order one, they can do so from my website, keeping in mind that the delivery will start at the beginning of November.

post-15627-0-20955000-1413145329_thumb.jpg post-15627-0-80896200-1413141330_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In light of recent news about FTDI disabling their driver for counterfeit FTDI RS232RL chips, I needed to announce that purchasers of my SIO2PC/10502PC Dual USB devices need not worry about their devices becoming nonfunctional. NONE of my device releases contain such chips, they all feature genuine FTDI chips so they will work as expected with the upcoming and present FTDI drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will soon have a support forum dedicated to SIO2PC devices that I build and sell and to answer AspeQt related questions/requests.

I Will announce the URL here when the forum is ready to use.

I find this necessary for several reasons, first and foremost to centralize the support efforts so users can find answers under one roof and to avoid unnecessary threads and posts constantly made by certain individuals that pollute the threads here in Atariage.

That means I will no longer be following and/or answering technical AspeQt or SIO2PC related questions here, only the general purpose questions.

Any new products that I will be releasing in the future will also be supported through the same forum.

Users who want/need to post on the forum will need to register just like they do with any other support board.

I take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported and appreciated my modest contributions to the atari 8 bit community.

I've been a member of AA since 2007 and have learned a lot more about my atari 8 bit computers thanks to many talented people who frequent AA

There have also been less than desirable interactions with certain individuals but that's one of the facts of life so no need to complain

Anyway, I will still be here but probably not nearly as active as before, I better spend time in developing instead of arguing ;)

Cheers

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1

I find this necessary for several reasons, first and foremost to centralize the support efforts so users can find answers under one roof and to avoid unnecessary threads and posts constantly made by certain individuals that pollute the threads here in Atariage.

Kind of like this guy (atari8warez) who polluted the A8 GUI thread to the point of being ejected from it, eh?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/154520-new-gui-for-the-atari-8-bit/page-127?do=findComment&comment=3101097

/kick

I agree with your new-found criticism of that behavior, and 18 PEOPLE agreed with your removal from that thread, for your own participation in the behavior that you now claim to criticize. You've "seen the light," no doubt? LOL.

That means I will no longer be following and/or answering technical AspeQt or SIO2PC related questions here, only the general purpose questions.

No sales pitches here, then? Only general purpose questions? I'll believe it when I see it (the Atari traffic here is a lot to ignore), but you said it.

Any new products that I will be releasing in the future will also be supported through the same forum.

Users who want/need to post on the forum will need to register just like they do with any other support board.

Anyway, I will still be here but probably not nearly as active as before, I better spend time in developing instead of arguing ;)

Thank you so much, for saying that! We'll see how it plays out in actuality.

Ok folks, as promised, I have put together a support board for SIO2PC and AspeQt which will be accessible from the support page of my website. Obviously there isn't much of a content right now, but I hope that it will be useful to people who are looking for support or just to latest news about upcoming products, or even just to discuss Atari related topic in the near future. Anyway this is the URL, registration is required to read and post in the support sections of the board.

Madi, the announcements board, which will be used to announce products/updates can be read by anyone, only the support sections require registration. I will also add a general Atari discussions section which will also be open to unregistered visitors. It is not my intention to create a board like AA (before anyone jumped-in to suggest that i am also trying to compete with AA :) ), it is intended for people genuinely interested in the products that I have support for, so I don't think those people would mind to register, in any case I will keep your suggestion in mind as we go along.

Edited by atari8warez

In the absence of a document charting a point-by-point comparison between the AtariAge forum and the Atari8Warez forum (containing a profusion of red exclamation marks denoting speculative - though unconfirmed - deficiencies in the AA column), I doubt anyone would entertain for a moment the outlandish notion that you're trying to compete with AA. :)

• Like 1

I couldn't be sure about that when there are users like you here in AA, so just trying to be on the safe side :grin:.

One thing is for sure though, on my board there would be no banning of a user from a particular topic just because he expressed his opinion on the subject matter, and didn't kiss ass.

A feature I am proudly omitting from my forums.

I guess it wasn't enough for you to derail the AspeQt thread, now you and your minions are here to f*** this one over too, moderators on the other hand are just pretending that it's not happening. Thank god I will not have to endure this any more :)

Edited by atari8warez

I guess it wasn't enough for you to derail the AspeQt thread, now you and your minions are here to f*** this one over too, moderators on the other hand are just pretending that it's not happening. Thank god I will not have to endure this any more :)

Yeah, it's always great to trash the moderators, because you're pouting. Thank god others won't have to endure it any more (if we are to believe your words), either. So we agree on that, and we have common ground! How excellent! Now, go preach to your 3 registered users and please forget about AtariAge. That was your point, wasn't it? :) :)

It's surely a grim moment when you start to believe the world is plotting against you. Your use of the word "minions" is telling, but I'm afraid I don't hold sway over anyone on this forum, least of all moderators. Members of these forums are smart enough to form their own opinions on the basis of what's been written and I would imagine are not susceptible to manipulation. Any reader interested enough to delve back into the Aspeqt thread (appropriated, not started, by you) will see efforts to be constructive were met with surly rebuttal quite early on. And this is "open source"?

Use of the phrase "kiss ass" is also telling. I deduce that nothing would give you greater pleasure here than to have your ass kissed, but it's a privilege which proves maddeningly elusive to you, no matter how persistently you try to belittle the efforts of those (or even "The One") whose ass you perceive is being kissed. Or at least this is how it appears to you. In reality there is no expectation to "kiss ass" here... just don't behave like one.

What's certain is that - at the helm of your own forum (safe from my interest) - you'll finally attain the kind of cachet you seek among the membership. If it also serves its ostensible purpose, then that's great too. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 3

you'll finally attain the kind of cachet you seek among the membership. If it also serves its ostensible purpose, then that's great too. :)

Interpret my words however way you wish, I couldn't care less as I will no longer be participating in these meaningless tirades.

My own board surely serves a purpose, and it is to keep me safe and distant from you and the likes of you, and I can do whatever I am supposed to do without having to go through this BS.

Enjoy the AspeQt thread, and all the others as you wish, they're all yours now.

Edited by atari8warez

My own board surely serves a purpose, and it is to keep me safe and distant from you and the likes of you, and I can do whatever I am supposed to do without having to go through this BS.

An "Albert" (or his AtariAge) I predict you **certainly** won't be. You'll be more like another "The Laird's" allegedly-competing forum, and his laughable insignificance in all matters Atari. Please burn this into the back of your skull: You heard it here, first.

Enjoy the AspeQt thread, and all the others as you wish, they're all yours now.

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for that!

Bye, A8W. Need I say more, other than declare that although you claim you're leaving, you really aren't. That's because your new-found forum is going to be a flop, and you require far too much attention to stay with it. So, (1) Claim you're leaving, (2), Launch your flop, and (3) Come back and piss and moan, as I (and others) **KNOW** you will do. Just go ahead and flop now, so we can all get past it. Eh, buddy? Heh heh heh.

• Like 1

Exactly the megalomaniacal conclusion expected: start your own forum and then likely run it with an iron fist when people take issue with you there too. Seen it happen before... The wounded martyrs soon become despotic. :D

Iron fist?, you really are amusing you know that? Despots are the ones who are silencing people by using their higher status and there are a few people around here who are familiar with that notion, I certainly don't intend to inherit undesirable features and take them to my board.....One thing's for sure I will probably miss the laughs I am having here. I may come back for more....

Bye, A8W. Need I say more, other than declare that although you claim you're leaving, you really aren't. That's because your new-found forum is going to be a flop, and you require far too much attention to stay with it. So, (1) Claim you're leaving, (2), Launch your flop, and (3) Come back and piss and moan, as I (and others) **KNOW** you will do. Just go ahead and flop now, so we can all get past it. Eh, buddy? Heh heh heh.

You may want to make your observation into a sticky, oh sorry, I forgot you are not a moderator, but you may instead stick it.... you know where....

For your information (that's if you can absorb one) I didn't say I am leaving, I said I will stop supporting AspeQt and my hardware here in AA forums, so you can have a field day f***ing this thread (and others) up further.

Have yourselves a ball guys....

Edited by atari8warez