IGNORED

Are you a TI Expert? (Photo Quiz)

Omega-TI

I found some keyboards that kinda match the TI too!

Now if some TI-Logo's were printed up on vinyl to go over the HP logo....

Now this one actually has a TI-Logo and Name printed on it:

TIKEY.jpg

Too bad its designed to be used with the TI-Graph calcs, but still looks cool, maybe it could be made to work, all tho its about just a bit bigger then the original TI99 keyboard.

Too bad somehow could not throw in a ps2 mouse port on it also!: :)

About that, would it be possible in the chips program to translate up movement on a mouse to the FCTN E, down to FCTN X and left and right to FCTN S and D respectively? If so, then diagonal movement, would just be alternating FCTN E and FCTN D.

Now as an update, I'd really get off on a USB version myself as there are wireless models that combine the keyboard & mouse into one receiver. This method would require no additional holes in the TI's case. Just plug in the mini receiver before you install the unit.

Now this one actually has a TI-Logo and Name printed on it:

TIKEY.jpg

Too bad its designed to be used with the TI-Graph calcs, but still looks cool, maybe it could be made to work, all tho its about just a bit bigger then the original TI99 keyboard.

Small, perhaps, but with real punctuation keys and what-not.

I thought about mouse a number of times, but the code isn't fast enough to do both, it'd be better off on an ARM or something with some speed.

Likewise for USB, that's a rewrite. Pretty much none of the code in there can be reused for USB keyboards.

Nothing important, just a smaller/cheaper AVR and someone else builds the PCB for you ;)

Just to be clear, are you saying only the PCB is pre-built? Or do you mean these will be fully populated and assembled units ready to install with all parts needed for installation?

** EDIT **

If these are ready-to-install units, do you have a ball-park cost estimate? I'm pretty sure I'm +1 on this, but I have so many irons in the fire at the moment that I need a heads up on pricing so I'll be ready when it's available. So, if you are making a 'first come first served list' (on completed units), please put my name on the list underneath dphirschler's.

Edited by --- Ω ---