IGNORED

What happened with SPACE?

Sikor

My first thought on the topic was "I looked outside last night and it was still there," but I checked out a few newsletters from the link. Seems like a pretty nice user group. Too bad there aren't any like that near where I live. This group has been around a LONG time. Good to see some of those old groups still hanging on. :)

My first thought on the topic was "I looked outside last night and it was still there," but I checked out a few newsletters from the link. Seems like a pretty nice user group. Too bad there aren't any like that near where I live. This group has been around a LONG time. Good to see some of those old groups still hanging on. :)

Very funny, I was about to write literally exactly the same as you did ('Dunno, when I looked up last night it was still there') ;-)

@Sikor: reply is off-topic off course, but hey, it's friday afternoon...

re-atari

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see some of those old groups still hanging on.

Yes, it is. Newsletters from these user groups hold a wealth of information, that is often difficult to find elsewhere. Not so relevant to the modern computing world (although that's somewhat debatable from a general standpoint), but entirely relevant to the retro-community.

That is good news!

Is there currently a way to download these newsletters in bulk? It can be a tedious process to download one by one.

Yes I'm sure that would be tedious, but there's no bulk download option at this time.

I supposed we/I could start maintaining a big zip of them all. Then I'd have to periodically re-package that zip with the additional latest issues. Note that they're not all pdf files, many are html with external images..

Since I already have a fresh complete backup archive on my hd, let's make a complete .zip archive, just to see how big it is... Ok, comes to 164MB. Would a download like that be of interest?

Yes I'm sure that would be tedious, but there's no bulk download option at this time.

I supposed we/I could start maintaining a big zip of them all. Then I'd have to periodically re-package that zip with the additional latest issues. Note that they're not all pdf files, many are html with external images..

OK, I didn't realise that. I thought they were all PDF files.

Since I already have a fresh complete backup archive on my hd, let's make a complete .zip archive, just to see how big it is... Ok, comes to 164MB. Would a download like that be of interest?

Most definitely!

You could also host it as a torrent, in which case the bandwidth could be shared once a few people have it downloaded -- assuming they were willing to seed. I'd be up for seeding -- limited as my bandwidth is...

Edited by MrFish