IGNORED

Idea for Homebrew

A homebrew that I would like to see made is a two-player head-to-head version of Tron: Deadly Discs.

Have it be a three-on-three. One player-controlled and two computer-controlled warriors versus an identical number on the other side.

Have It be a best two out of three matches ala Street Fighter II.

Also, set it up so you can pick your proficiency level: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Expert.

That would determine what type of computer-controlled warriors your opponent has: Warriors, Leaders, Bulldogs, Guards.

That should make it is easier to introduce new players to the game by giving the vets a handicap.

Also, let the computer-controlled warriors respawn, but, of course, a round ends with the player-controlled warrior's defeat.

Another homebrew I would like to see created is Tron: Light Cycle Arena. Snafu is nice, but everybody really wants to play with light cycles.

Have them look a lot like the arcade version instead of the thick lines used in Snafu.

Give the cycles three speeds: Slow, Normal and Fast.

You might also limit the size of the tail created by the lightcycles before it dissipates or maybe give the player the ability to disable it.

That should create longer and more intense matches instead of ones that just last a few seconds.

Best,

MC

• Like 1

That would be cool.

I have only recently got into classic gaming again (just bought a Super Pro system), and I was going to ask what ECS was. I guess that answers that.

One thing I probably should add is I am not a programmer. It was more a suggestion for those wizards with the talent to do it.

Edited by Master Component

The problem with Light Cycles (which I've though about before) is that you cannot display more than two colors per background card (the foreground and the background), so it would not be possible to have two cycles pass through the same card, unless they are both the same color.

Snafu gets away with it because it uses a screen mode called "Colored Blocks," which essentially divides each 8x8 pixel tile of two colors into a 4x4 "bloxel" tile with four colors. This in essence reduces the resolution by 1/4th.

The problem with Light Cycles (which I've though about before) is that you cannot display more than two colors per background card (the foreground and the background), so it would not be possible to have two cycles pass through the same card, unless they are both the same color.

Snafu gets away with it because it uses a screen mode called "Colored Blocks," which essentially divides each 8x8 pixel tile of two colors into a 4x4 "bloxel" tile with four colors. This in essence reduces the resolution by 1/4th.

Bummer! Could another system, like the NES, handle it, or would you run into the same problem there?