IGNORED

Stuart's TI-99/4A - Internet Web Browser

Omega-TI

GREAT! I'll look forward to seeing you on the BBS's and in the TICHAT. And at the rate the new APPS for the browser are coming out, it's useful too.

Can you get to heatwave from Stuart's browser? It isn't clear to me what is possible in that regard. A simple non-ANSI interpreter that displayed text in 40 or 80 columns could get you pretty far.

I wonder if anyone has tried this with TCPSER. I know this is made for the UDS, but it looks like TCPSER also makes use to Hayes commands, and the fact that you use an ip address instead of a phone number.

Yeah TCPSER emulates a modem.. This browser is not relying on the UDS-10 to emulate a modem.

Can you get to heatwave from Stuart's browser? It isn't clear to me what is possible in that regard. A simple non-ANSI interpreter that displayed text in 40 or 80 columns could get you pretty far.

Almost certainly not. The browser relies on specific tags in the downloaded text to control the formatting. Heatwave won't be using those tags.

I understand the wishful thinking there as Stuart's browser is currently the only known communications program that can reach out using the Nano-PEB.

Hopefully someday it'll develop download capability too, and remove the PC step in acquiring programs for the TI. Just imagine downloading the next great Rasmus game directly to the TI and using the XB2.7's built-in archiver program to un pack it.

Someday I can even see Gazoo making a Telcom cartridge where everything a person needs is on one cart so a PC is never needed.

• Like 1

Well, my UDS-10 a.rrived

Went to Chester Electronic Supply, and purchased some DB connectors. Soldered up a cable for the NanoPEB to the UDS.. Fired up the browser, and got a page to load.. Pretty cool.

I cannot get the tichat to load, but I can get it to load on my PC. I got the main demo page to load.

Edited by slinkeey
  • Like 1

Well, my UDS-10 a.rrived

Went to Chester Electronic Supply, and purchased some DB connectors. Soldered up a cable for the NanoPEB to the UDS.. Fired up the browser, and got a page to load.. Pretty cool.

I cannot get the tichat to load, but I can get it to load on my PC. I got the main demo page to load.

:) CONGRATULATIONS :)

If you can get a page to load the TICHAT should not be a problem. Try using my FAVS file (attached below) it'll get it to READ the TICHAT. As of now, you'll have to type a long a** line to send anything, but I hear in the future you should be able to EDIT the line in the browser which should make things easier.

I'm hoping in the future Stuart will get it to overwrite after the 22nd line or so, that way we'll not have to page down to read the last entry... or maybe figure out a way to put the new entries on top. Try it and let me know.

Slinkeey.zip

I learned something about the keyboard.. I am so used to using a PC, that I have to deprogram my normal ways..

on the PC when I press Ctrl-F I hold down control and then tap (or hold) the F key.

On the browser, I have to press Ctrl and F at the same time.. No going after he Ctrl key first..

Hahahah... I guess I do not need to use the control key. I misunderstood.. Just the letter keys alone.. Whoops!

Check out the chat.. I added a link.. I messed up the first time, so I turned everything into a link... Whoops!

Click on it with your TI. It's a funny little treat.. :D

I need to think of an idea for an app.

I'm not sure it's possible, but if a script could be made to translate some TEXT ONLY news sites (examples below) to Stuart's Browser format on the fly, that would REALLY be cool!

http://thin.npr.org/t.php?tid=1001

http://www.smh.com.au/text/

There is also << this example >> of a text ONLY Atari Age TI board, that shows it "might" be possible. Can you imagine reading TI forum messages on a TI!

I was actually playing around with that, going after text on textfiles.com. There is some TI-99 related stuff on that site.

One problem that I was running into is that CR and LF show up in the browser as text. I might have to read the text file, line by line. I was just dumping the whole thing to the TI. I need to play around again when I have time.

Edited by slinkeey
  • Like 1

I've deleted your first link from the chat file - the one without the text between the tags.

For your 'finger', put each line in <p></p> tags, rather than using the <br> tag. The LF is then outside the <p></p> tags and won't be rendered. Or redefine the LF character (>0A) with a blank character definition.

My "Hello World" Test:

<99ml>
<?php
    $text = "<p>"
           ."         / \<br>"
           ."        |\_/|<br>"
           ."        |---|<br>"
           ."        |   |<br>"
           ."        |   |<br>"
           ."      _ |=-=| _<br>"
           ."  _  / \|   |/ \<br>"
           ." / \|   |   |   ||\<br>"