IGNORED

Early 4A PEB Drive options?

UKRetrogamer

Glad I understood this correctly. Still, it means I've gone from a single-sided drive to a double-sided one which, most importantly works; so today's exercise has resulted in a double win.

A working drive and twice the capacity!

Depending on your drive, two little IC chips from arcadeshopper for your TI FDC could let you multiply that capacity to up to 360K.

gallery_35324_1027_165504.jpg

There is more on THIS THREAD if you might be interested. It's a cheap upgrade with a lot of bang for the buck.

I have an SDtoHXC adaptor but (at least for the time being) I'd like a working floppy-drive in there. maybe a single-height one and maybe even a 3.5" for transfer purposes...

As shown here? http://mainbyte.com/ti99/upgrade/upgrade.html

... I still need to figure-out PC-to-PEB file-transfer.

You could hook up your HxC as an external DSK3.

I can select "Double density [Y/N]" / "Double sided [Y/N]" in the formatting dialog screen, at least in TI Disk Manager 2.

I'm not sure where I went wrong. :dunce: Though my DM2 asks the questions from the 'single' perspective, it does, indeed, allow DSDD formatting—I just verified it. I could have sworn it didn't let me do that years ago. It was probably with a TI controller. The DM2 is either smart enough to not allow you past the DD option when it's not possible, or I really misinterpreted something back then—wouldn't be the first time.

...lee