IGNORED

Anyone have any amazing Jag finds in the wild?

Kev08629@aol.com

The last time I found Atari Jaguar stuff in the wild, it was in 1997 when KB Toys was liquidating their inventory. New boxed systems $25 each, cartridge games, $5.00, CD games, $7.50. I bought one of everything, and a couple of systems.

Since then, I really haven't seen squat. Jaguar stuff has been more rare than 3DO or anything else that I've seen.

Well into the 2000's Washington D.C. area KayBee Toys, particularly at Wheaton Plaza and Lakeforest Mall, still had dirt cheap inventory from the Jaguar, Game.com, and other 90's systems. I picked up a bunch of it back then in large amounts, and might still have it somewhere. I'd forgotten about it until your post jogged my memory :)

As for in the wild, around 2010 the Martinsburg Goodwill right next to the Big Lots had a Jaguar with a crumpled box for only $10-$20 or so on a low shelf covered in household appliances. It's the only clear memory I have of seeing a Jaguar in the wild, though a few collector/sellers in the area have had some available as well.

Well into the 2000's Washington D.C. area KayBee Toys, particularly at Wheaton Plaza and Lakeforest Mall, still had dirt cheap inventory from the Jaguar, Game.com, and other 90's systems. I picked up a bunch of it back then in large amounts, and might still have it somewhere. I'd forgotten about it until your post jogged my memory :)

As for in the wild, around 2010 the Martinsburg Goodwill right next to the Big Lots had a Jaguar with a crumpled box for only $10-$20 or so on a low shelf covered in household appliances. It's the only clear memory I have of seeing a Jaguar in the wild, though a few collector/sellers in the area have had some available as well.

Hey neighbor :)

Lakeforest Mall KayBee Toys was my store back in the day, though I don't ever recall seeing Jaguar stuff in the 2000's, then again I never really went into that store much around that time. I picked up my first Jaguar console there around 97 when it was $20, along with a copy of Club Drive for around $5. That game and Cybermorph left me very underwhelmed with my purchase and I actually contemplated returning it and using that money toward some N64 games. I decided to keep it however and boxed the Jaguar console up and put it inside my closet, where it was left untouched for about 5 years until I became a member here at AtariAge. Battlesphere Gold had just been announced around that time and that's what made me dig the Jaguar out of the closet and play it again, the Jaguar collecting bug followed soon after.

Anyway, cool to know that theirs another Jaguar fan here in Maryland :)

• Like 1

Hey neighbor :)

Lakeforest Mall KayBee Toys was my store back in the day, though I don't ever recall seeing Jaguar stuff in the 2000's, then again I never really went into that store much around that time. I picked up my first Jaguar console there around 97 when it was $20, along with a copy of Club Drive for around $5. That game and Cybermorph left me very underwhelmed with my purchase and I actually contemplated returning it and using that money toward some N64 games. I decided to keep it however and boxed the Jaguar console up and put it inside my closet, where it was left untouched for about 5 years until I became a member here at AtariAge. Battlesphere Gold had just been announced around that time and that's what made me dig the Jaguar out of the closet and play it again, the Jaguar collecting bug followed soon after.

Anyway, cool to know that theirs another Jaguar fan here in Maryland :)

Definitely cool to know, too :) I thought Austin and I were the only AA'ers in the DC area. There really are surprisingly few of us...

Anyways, yeah, Lakeforest Kaybee had a bunch of Game.com, R-Zone, Jaguar, and other 90's stuff that never got sold well into the 2000's. Thing was, it always seemed to be at the bottom of those white wire clearance bins and behind the checkout desk. The Kaybee at Wheaton Plaza still had some even as they were closing before Westfield bought the place around 2005 or so. The Sears next to Lakeforest Kaybee had a bunch too before they renovated and got rid of the videogame section, and I used to stop in almost weekly on the way to Beyond Comics (while they were still tucked away behind the glasses store across from the old Kaybee in the upper level). The Toy's R Us that still shares space with the Burlington Coat Factory had a bunch of Jag stuff too, and even some 32X stuff into the 2000's too. I even got a crumpled box and cart of the 32X Spiderman Web of Fire game on clearance there- if only I'd known what prices it would soar to!

I've got to try and find if I still have any of the clearance Jag stuff from then- I know I got a bunch but can't at the moment recall if I sold it off years ago or not. The only thing I know I still have is a system and box.

• Like 1

Definitely cool to know, too :) I thought Austin and I were the only AA'ers in the DC area. There really are surprisingly few of us...

Anyways, yeah, Lakeforest Kaybee had a bunch of Game.com, R-Zone, Jaguar, and other 90's stuff that never got sold well into the 2000's. Thing was, it always seemed to be at the bottom of those white wire clearance bins and behind the checkout desk. The Kaybee at Wheaton Plaza still had some even as they were closing before Westfield bought the place around 2005 or so. The Sears next to Lakeforest Kaybee had a bunch too before they renovated and got rid of the videogame section, and I used to stop in almost weekly on the way to Beyond Comics (while they were still tucked away behind the glasses store across from the old Kaybee in the upper level). The Toy's R Us that still shares space with the Burlington Coat Factory had a bunch of Jag stuff too, and even some 32X stuff into the 2000's too. I even got a crumpled box and cart of the 32X Spiderman Web of Fire game on clearance there- if only I'd known what prices it would soar to!

I've got to try and find if I still have any of the clearance Jag stuff from then- I know I got a bunch but can't at the moment recall if I sold it off years ago or not. The only thing I know I still have is a system and box.

OMG, Jaguar stuff at KayBee well into 2005!? I had no idea, do you remember how much they wanted for the console at that time? That's crazy.

BTW, Funcoland on Lost Knife Rd. was one of the reasons I stopped shopping at KayBee Toys. That was an amazing store that had everything I could ever want, new and old. It was a sad day when it was converted into a GameStop! :(

Edited by SuperDork3000
  • Like 1

OMG, Jaguar stuff at KayBee well into 2005!? I had no idea, do you remember how much they wanted for the console at that time? That's crazy.

BTW, Funcoland on Lost Knife Rd. was one of the reasons I stopped shopping at KayBee Toys. That was an amazing store that had everything I could ever want, new and old. It was a sad day when it was converted into a GameStop! :(

99% sure they had no systems left by then, but they did still have some sealed games, even if the boxes were somewhat crumpled.

I remember that Funcoland well- I always went there after eating at the Roy Rogers in the parking lot (before and after it reopened) and always seemed to find stuff. As far as I know it was the very last Funcoland branded store in the area...

Btw, the Columbia Mall EB Games still accepted trade-ins for Jag stuff until around 2002 or so, and the Gamestop there (the first Gamestop branded store in the area that I ever saw) up near the pet store was still selling NES carts until 2006.

I remember the good old KB toys days. I've owNed 5 jags, kept buying and selling them, now that I'm in it for good I still regret missing out on the deals they had on the Jag at the end. Same with the Virtual Boy, I remember them selling those for 39$ new, could have made a Killing on those lol.

I've only purchased one brand new jag cd, which hadn't been removed from my jag since installed.

Would love to go back and pick up the cheap jag sealed games in the KB bargain bin!

It is was it is. Still always have my eye open =)

99% sure they had no systems left by then, but they did still have some sealed games, even if the boxes were somewhat crumpled.

I remember that Funcoland well- I always went there after eating at the Roy Rogers in the parking lot (before and after it reopened) and always seemed to find stuff. As far as I know it was the very last Funcoland branded store in the area...

Btw, the Columbia Mall EB Games still accepted trade-ins for Jag stuff until around 2002 or so, and the Gamestop there (the first Gamestop branded store in the area that I ever saw) up near the pet store was still selling NES carts until 2006.

I know they left the Funcoland sign up while it was a GameStop until like 2009 when they finally changed it.

I've never been to the Columbia Mall EB or Gamestop, but that;s pretty cool that they accepted Jaguar trade-ins for that long and had NES carts till 2006.

• Like 1

At a flea market, i once spoted an Aliens vs Predator cart, unboxed. Asked the guy how much he wanted for it, and he said: "5 dollars, give me 10 and i will give you the console too, since i have no cables for it". I tried to play it cool when i said yes, although in reality i might have shouted "YYEESS!", hehe.

So yeah an AVP cart and bare Jag console for 10 dollars. Unfotunately, thats the only Jag stuff i have ever found localy. That one actually is my current Jag console, hehe.

I picked up my first Jaguar about a year and a half ago for $100 I got the machine two controllers alien versus predator, Wolfenstein tempest 2000 and a couple of other throw away games. That is until yesterday when I picked up a sealed copy of Bubsy I also picked up a copy of brutal sports and Dino dudes but those two are unsealed all for the price of one of the games normally.

Edited by Atari the Jedi

• 1 month later...

First post for me on this site! (been coming here on and off for years, finally figured i'd make an account)

Last weekend I went to small store here in Winnipeg. They have all kinds of stuff for D&D fans, other boards games, figures etc... They also have a bunch of older gaming stuff. The reason I went was because I was looking to find some N64 games that I used to love when I was a teen. What I ended up finding was an Atari Jaguar, with the Jaguar CD! This came with a black plastic Atari Jaguar Case with Cybermorph, Blue Lightning, Vid Grid, 2 Jaguar controllers (not pro controllers) and all the cables needed. I nearly fell on my ass when I saw that. The price for all that was $400. Considering i've seen just the Jaguar CD unit itself go for $400, I think I got a good deal. I'd also like to mention that everything is in amazing condition. I'll take a pic of this and my other stuff for another thread.

Edited by NearCry
  • Like 2

First post for me on this site! (been coming here on and off for years, finally figured i'd make an account)

Last weekend I went to small store here in Winnipeg. They have all kinds of stuff for D&D fans, other boards games, figures etc... They also have a bunch of older gaming stuff. The reason I went was because I was looking to find some N64 games that I used to love when I was a teen. What I ended up finding was an Atari Jaguar, with the Jaguar CD! This came with a black plastic Atari Jaguar Case with Cybermorph, Blue Lightning, Vid Grid, 2 Jaguar controllers (not pro controllers) and all the cables needed. I nearly fell on my ass when I saw that. The price for all that was $400. Considering i've seen just the Jaguar CD unit itself go for $400, I think I got a good deal. I'd also like to mention that everything is in amazing condition. I'll take a pic of this and my other stuff for another thread.

Nice find. I also found my Jag and Jag CD in the wild with a handful of loose carts at the local play n' trade. I think I also paid around $350 for mine (no rental case, which is a major score for you as those go for quite a bit.)

I think these days if I saw any Jaguar stuff in the wild around here I would promptly shart myself. Jaguar stuff is VERY rarely seen around these parts.. (Vermont-all rural except for a few college towns.)