IGNORED

New Extended BASIC game: Kingdoms

adamantyr

post-17978-0-23414200-1415404908_thumb.png

For many long years, you have ruled your kingdom with just benevolence, bringing prosperity and wealth to everyone.

But there has ever been a dark cloud on the horizon... your neighboring kingdom. Ruled so poorly in comparison to your own, its people hungry, its commerce barren... they would greatly benefit from your advice!

But they won't take it. They have the gall to reject your generous offer to aid and assist, possibly by taking over a town or two... they spat in the face of your diplomat!

Although they don't know it yet, they have sealed their doom... For a year in secret, you have quietly been training and building your army, preparing for the conflict that will come. One quick painless strike and their people will know the glory of your rule...

What's this? Your master of spies has entered the room and comes up to the throne to whisper into your ear...

That trecherous enemy has also secretly formed his own army, with the full intent of waging war upon you! How dare he break the rules of diplomacy! There can be only one answer to this base betrayal... war!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdoms is a TI-99/4a Extended BASIC game in development! You take control of your kingdom, directing your army units to conquer your enemy. If you take your opponents castle within 20 turns, you win!

The game will feature a fully automated AI opponent, who has time to hunt down a buddy to play with you? If speed becomes a serious concern, I'll use some TMS9900 assembly language routines to speed up critical portions. Otherwise it should all be 100% Extended BASIC!

The game will also feature three different scenarios, and later I'll throw in a scenario creator as well!

I'll update the thread as I get closer to finishing it. BTW, totally was inspired by Panzer Strike! :)

Adamantyr

• Like 9

• 4 months later...

attachicon.gifss1.png

For many long years, you have ruled your kingdom with just benevolence, bringing prosperity and wealth to everyone.

But there has ever been a dark cloud on the horizon... your neighboring kingdom. Ruled so poorly in comparison to your own, its people hungry, its commerce barren... they would greatly benefit from your advice!

But they won't take it. They have the gall to reject your generous offer to aid and assist, possibly by taking over a town or two... they spat in the face of your diplomat!

Although they don't know it yet, they have sealed their doom... For a year in secret, you have quietly been training and building your army, preparing for the conflict that will come. One quick painless strike and their people will know the glory of your rule...

What's this? Your master of spies has entered the room and comes up to the throne to whisper into your ear...

That trecherous enemy has also secretly formed his own army, with the full intent of waging war upon you! How dare he break the rules of diplomacy! There can be only one answer to this base betrayal... war!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdoms is a TI-99/4a Extended BASIC game in development! You take control of your kingdom, directing your army units to conquer your enemy. If you take your opponents castle within 20 turns, you win!

The game will feature a fully automated AI opponent, who has time to hunt down a buddy to play with you? If speed becomes a serious concern, I'll use some TMS9900 assembly language routines to speed up critical portions. Otherwise it should all be 100% Extended BASIC!

The game will also feature three different scenarios, and later I'll throw in a scenario creator as well!

I'll update the thread as I get closer to finishing it. BTW, totally was inspired by Panzer Strike! :)

Adamantyr

Will you take advantage of the SAMS?