IGNORED

What's YOUR opinion on the best and most useful TI...

Omega-TI

Best mod - F18A (ease of installation, benefits like better picture, ability to easily repair video issues without soldering, ECT.)

Best Add-on - I don't have many add-ons but really like the HxC for ease of getting dsk files from internet to my TI. The HyperAMS card would be cool to have as well as the PEB Speech adaptor and a RTC ;)

• Like 1

I love both the F18A and the nanoPEB. They are both super useful. But I have issues with both of them.

F18A needs a TI install kit. In fact, I have it all planned out on paper. It would include a paper template for cutting the console case, a precut backplate with vga and audio output, and installation instructions.

NanoPEB is great, but needs refinement. The PC software could be better and could use a GUI. The size of the circuit board us too tall. And it needs a case. It's very difficult to remove the nanoPEB. It fits in so tight that it feels like I am damagibg it when I try to putt it out if the socket.

But still... Those are great mode for the TI. I also like the 512K multicart board and the XB 2.7 Suite cart... But those don't really fit into the same category as a "mod".

Darryl

Yep, I would have to say these days the F18A is the best upgrade available, just like my TIM was back in the day, RGB monitors were all the rage.....

Now I just wish I had a F18A myself, as one of my consoles with TIM has died and my other one has bad video ram, so I left with my Geneve which sucks as it still only has old RGB output, leaving me left with dealing with crappy RGB to VGA converters or watching my Amiga 1084 monitor slowly dieing.

I got more consoles brand-new back in storage, but they are in Canada and I am here in Dominican Republic.

And after the F18A I suggest UberGROM and CF7+ and for those before wanting hardware when it was available would be PGRAM or SCSI/HFDC and the wonderful Horizon RAMDISK, sadly now those are getting costly on eBay and aging fast and alot need repairs.

... when it was available would be PGRAM or SCSI/HFDC and the wonderful Horizon RAMDISK, sadly now those are getting costly on eBay and aging fast and alot need repairs.

I'd love to see a PGRAM+ remade/re-issued. I even tried to call Bud Mills today, but the number was disconnected. :_(

There comes a point that a basic system no longer cuts it, a person needs MORE functions, capabilities, speed, etc.

• Like 1

So far I am feeling the F18a and the PEB are the way to go. I should have a PEB here in the next week or two, and F18A mod will be coming after the Holiday's with a new probably a 24" monitor, and then two HXC's. Then the sky's the limit, adding little things like here and there, I know I am looking forward to every minute of it haha.

So far I am feeling the F18a and the PEB are the way to go. I should have a PEB here in the next week or two, and F18A mod will be coming after the Holiday's with a new probably a 24" monitor, and then two HXC's. Then the sky's the limit, adding little things like here and there, I know I am looking forward to every minute of it haha.

I can't argue with the F18A / TI-PEB combo! 2 HxC's huh? Nice. I'm going to have to make do with only one.

I'm finding that the HxC / HDX combo with one 3.5 is working at the moment. And I'm saving some $$ in reserve

in case someone contacts me and offers me a WORKING PGRAM+ (dreaming I know).

I think I'm beginning to understand what a drug addict must feel like, because I'm addicted to getting stuff for my TI.

• Like 1

Best modification? Personally, and helpful, was taking this lil' felt-pad out of the inside of the TI's cartridge port to prevent crashes. As well, reversing the fan of the PEB to make it quieter.

Add on device? I love my 3.5 floppy disk drive. I can store almost everything on a couple disks and can easily move stuff from them to the PC for use in emulation. As well, the cables that allow the TI output to show on a modern TV.

(I had to mention some other things and be different)

• Like 1