IGNORED

Replacing the lights in the P-Box.

Omega-TI

Don't run any TI card bare for a prolonged time, more than a few minutes. The regulators need the shells for their heat sinking ability. Personal experience.

When I first got my HDX, it was without the shell, I inquired about it at the time as I had seen others with a small cut-out in the shell for the additional PCB, but I was assured all would be okay. Now while I've had no real problems with it yet, except for the battery dying, you've got me questioning whether I need to start looking for an empty shell now. (sigh)

Interesting how life goes; one long search finally comes to a close and another starts.

When I first got my HDX, it was without the shell, I inquired about it at the time as I had seen others with a small cut-out in the shell for the additional PCB, but I was assured all would be okay. Now while I've had no real problems with it yet, except for the battery dying, you've got me questioning whether I need to start looking for an empty shell now. (sigh)

Interesting how life goes; one long search finally comes to a close and another starts.

Does it have the backside of the shell? You don't really need the front one as the backside is enough of a heatsink. It might even run cooler that way as the air can move more easily over the cards if they are in adjacent slots.

Gazoo

Does it have the backside of the shell? You don't really need the front one as the backside is enough of a heatsink. It might even run cooler that way as the air can move more easily over the cards if they are in adjacent slots.

Gazoo

Nope, no back side either. I do have empty slots on each side (at the moment) so it does have room to breathe. I'd rather not cannibalize one of backup cards for the case, but that may happen yet.

I've been thinking of building up my backup box (just a little) with the extra 3.5 I took out when I installed the HxC, but don't plan to install a second drive, so I thought one one these drawers would be great to take up the extra slot... of course you are then FORCED to use it in a tower arrangement.

41sZBTMwQ6L.jpg

I've been thinking of building up my backup box (just a little) with the extra 3.5 I took out when I installed the HxC, but don't plan to install a second drive, so I thought one one these drawers would be great to take up the extra slot... of course you are then FORCED to use it in a tower arrangement.

41sZBTMwQ6L.jpg

That's pretty cool nvr seen one before