IGNORED

What was your first Jag game?

Brian R.

Mine was Super Burnout.

I remember at the time I was only buying 2600 stuff. The owner of a second hand store I frequently checked out for 2600 things pointed out that he had a Jaguar. I had never seen one before then. Wasn't too sure I wanted it. Struck a deal where he let me take it home for a weekend to try it out, in exchange for me cleaning it up - it was very dusty. If I wanted it, I'd buy it; if not, I'd give back to him, and he'd have it all cleaned up.

Actually, Super Burnout wasn't the only game that game with it. Also had Cybermorph and Bruce Lee. But it was Super Burnout that convinced me to buy the system. The other games didn't impress me too much. If it wasn't for Burnout, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Mine is actually hard to say since I had Doom before my jaguar arrived in the mail, and I had my jag CD(with 6-7 games) before I had the jag (which cames with 5 games). Both part were bought thru members here who "hooked" me up. Thanks Lemmi and Oesii. You da mens!! :P :wink:

So to answer the question put forth

Jag-Doom

Jag Cd-Vid grid

Yup, still got my Jag and my Jag CD, both out and hooked up. Although at the moment I'm not playing it that often - my attention goes in cycles, right now it's on the Lynx.

When I do play the Jag, you can be sure Supercross is NOT one of the games I play. :D

I most often play Tempest 2K, Zoop (I just like that game!), Super Burnout and Battlesphere.

I was lucky enough to be one of those who bought the system shorty after its release and am still proud to have splunked down $250 for it at the time, my first cart was cybermorph and I did enjoy and played it till i beat it. Now the jag cd is a tottally different story and being I've only had it for about a week my first jag cd was Primal Rage. :lust:

Mine came packed with Cybermorph so I played that for months until I could get some more games...

Wolfenstein 3D and a free Jag controller came to me via mail from Atari for paying the absurd 279 price... oh I mean.. for having that coupon ;)

Then I had gotten T2k and a mass load of other titles from EB when they and KB toys were getting rid of everything for cheap cheap cheap.

I'll never forget the day I got Ultra Vortek and played it for like 9 hours!

Good day! played that game on end with friends on a daily basis for about 2 months! :)

Clint Thompson

Mine came in the mail and of course Cybermorph was included, but I also had purchased Tempest 2k, and they arrived together. So you could say Tempest 2K was my first. I don't remember if I got Wolfesnstein before or after I got AvP, but that's my Jag collection. Never did beat Tempest. I can't seem to pass the Heavy Metal area, or rainbow or whatever. I would love a copy of Towers 2 if someone has one. Also if you could steer me toward a reasonably priced Jag CD Player and copy of Battlesphere that would be appreciated. You can e-mail me at jwhyrock@hotmail.com.

I have an adpator for the Colecovision that allows me to play 2600 games. I also have Intellivision, NES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, SNES, Sega CD, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, 3DO, Jaguar, Lynx. Ironically I got my Lynx with the included California Games, but never purchased any other game for it. I guess I kept buying newer systems, and never put much time or money into them except for the initial purchase. After my friend made me give his PS2 back to him I hit the Dreamcast, because it's awesome and I have a ton of games for it. It pooped out on me a few weeks ago so while it was being repaired I broke out my old systems. Beat AvP with the Preadator for fun. Didn't take very long. I can't touch my high scores I got with the Marine. I'd have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying splitting my time between my Dreamcast and Saturn. Guardian Heroes just rules! I never get sick of that game. Can't figure out why no other company used the idea for the next gen systems. It seems like a no brainer. Sorry for the essay. =) :ponder:

Well, I first heard about Jaguar in a sporting magazine (believe it or not) in 92-93 area. It never came out here, I assumed it became vaporware and forgot about it. 96 rolls around. Someone new moves to the neighbor hood. They have a Jaguar, I thought it was awesome, though they only had AVP and Kasumi Ninja. It looks cool, but he soon after got a 64 and I never actually got to play the Jaguar, but at this point, at least I knew it existed.

Early in 98, I pick up an electronics magazine at a local store, it has Jaguar listed with Doom as a Pack in for $50, I bought one, I loved doom on PC (and our PC had died by then)

I got it in the mail, slamed in Doom and played the hell out of that game. That was Spring 98. From there, I bought Tempest 2000, I bought my friends Jaguar and his games for another $50, and was off from there.

I was never dissappointed in the Jaguar either.

Mine came packed with Cybermorph so I played that for months until I could get some more games... ]

Months?...five minutes is enough for me :D but my first game was Club Drive so that isn't much better ;)

Well, when you own only one game, you HAVE to like and play with it :D