IGNORED

InverseATASCII - Atari 8 Bit Productivity Podcast

Ripdubski

On 6/8/2024 at 2:51 PM, Ripdubski said:

Inverse ATASCII season 8 episode 10 featuring Springboard The Newsroom has been published:

https://inverseatascii.info/2024/06/08/s8e10-springboard-the-newsroom-supplement/

I don't believe that it is copy protected. 

A year ago I tried to crack it but couldn't find anything that looks like protection. 

Last week at the Fujiama meeting an ABBUC fellow brought an original disk which we flux-dumped and compared to the flux-dump in A8SP's archive. They are identical and show in emulation the same behavior :

When you try to load a banner or try to import graphics from the library disk into a banner, the program crashes. Once with something that looks like a barcode and the other one with stray GR. 1 and/or GR. 2 characters. 

This was with Altirra's default setting to disable BASIC. As soon as we toggled this switch it worked. 

There also seem to be problems with more than 128KB of RAM. 

7 hours ago, DjayBee said:

I don't believe that it is copy protected. 

A year ago I tried to crack it but couldn't find anything that looks like protection. 

Last week at the Fujiama meeting an ABBUC fellow brought an original disk which we flux-dumped and compared to the flux-dump in A8SP's archive. They are identical and show in emulation the same behavior :

When you try to load a banner or try to import graphics from the library disk into a banner, the program crashes. Once with something that looks like a barcode and the other one with stray GR. 1 and/or GR. 2 characters. 

This was with Altirra's default setting to disable BASIC. As soon as we toggled this switch it worked. 

There also seem to be problems with more than 128KB of RAM. 

Good to know.  Thanks for verifying the image and clarifying the protection.  When I worked with it under emulation it was Atari800MacX, with BASIC off as well.  IIRC, I probably tried different combos all with 128K+.  I might have to try it again with a 64K machine.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...