IGNORED

How old is OldGuru?

Adrian M

quote:

Originally posted by OldGuru:

... Old enough to play Atari games as a kid... Old enough to read newsgroups and see that there are people who ask what is Atari...

OG.

Ah, I see! I guess I could be considered an Old Guru too (old enough to play games as a kid and old enough to witness the fact that there are people out there who do not know what Atari is!), but then again, I'm only 25.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Ah, I see! I guess I could be considered an Old Guru too (old enough to play games as a kid and old enough to witness the fact that there are people out there who do not know what Atari is!), but then again, I'm only 25.

You were born the same year the Atari 2600 came out. I was already seven years old.

..Al

Jetboot Jack is a character in my favorite English software game (of the same name)...

I had almost forgotten the game, but a couple of years ago I did a lot of voice recording for a game I was producing (the UK version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire) and found myself working with Phil Morris, he was my audio producer.

Phil was the "owner" of English Software back in the day and reminded me of that game, and I decided when I switched to a US AOL account to use it as my mail address and wherever else possible

I'm also proud to have the AIM handle of Spiderdroid

sTeVE

quote:

Originally posted by DEBRO:

I was going to use quotes from rap songs to get my nickname.

"...so full of action my name should be a verb" - Big Daddy Kane

"...honey said I'm so smooth they should call me lubrication" - Pete Rock

I just settled on DEBRO though. Can you guess why?

That makes me a year older than both of you, if my math is correct...I was born in '68. I certainly don't feel old at 33, I also don't look old either...most people generally guess me to be about 25. But my hair is starting to thin, so that's not going to happen for long...no matter how young you look, no hair makes you look older...I'm not nearly bald yet though! Hell, I'm still going to school and don't even have a career yet! But that's because the first time I went to college I drank too much and played too many vidwo games...now I'm finishing up my education and don't drink anymore...I still play too many games though...

There seem to be a lot of people around here who are "thirtyish", which is somewhat comforting. I guess it makes sense, since many of us were introduced to the Atari 2600 back in our youth. I always find it amusing some of the people I see walking around with Atari shirts these days, since judging by their age I bet many of them have never even *seen* a real Atari console!

..Al

quote:

...I was 10 years old in 1979...

That would make us the same age OG

quote:

It's not that I consider myself (or feel) old, it is just a nickname after all...

How and why did you guys choose your nicknames?

I was going to use quotes from rap songs to get my nickname.

"...so full of action my name should be a verb" - Big Daddy Kane

"...honey said I'm so smooth they should call me lubrication" - Pete Rock

I just settled on DEBRO though. Can you guess why?