IGNORED

Steel Batallion on GC?

PuddWakkr

News Article: Famitsu Interviews Capcom Producer Shinji Mikami

News Date: 11/24/2002  

Discuss it in TalkBack!  [0 Comments.]  

Mikami speaks on Capcom's new lineup, creating new game concepts, and Biohazard 4 (RE4).

The latest issue of Famitsu featured an interview with Producer Mikami from Capcom. Highlights translated below:  

Famitsu: If you’d let me give my opinion, honestly, I want a Cube now!  

Mikami-san: Your words are very kind. Please buy a Cube! Buy two of them, even three!  

F: Well, I already have one. I want to buy it for other people. The image that the Cube is for kids was strong, but when you look at this new lineup, you have erased that image.  

M: The gaming industry is not made up of a market that is driven by hardware, but rather a market made up of good software. To return to that point, we did the impossible and brought out these 5 titles. And after this, if we can bring out Devil May Cry and DinoCrisis and Tekki, and Gykuten Saiban…  

Tekki is the Jap version of Steel Batallion looks like the GC might be getting Devil May Cry and Dino Crisis as well.

What do you think. OH here's the whole article.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?act...on=item&id=3723

Don't worry, at least on the Xbox you'll get to play online. Online expansion comes out maybe this year. Don't think you'd be able to do that on the GC ;)

How do you know this? Do you work for Capcom? Or are you just mad that a good game isn't going to be an XBOX exclusive?

If this game does come out for GC then I'd only buy it if you can get the big bad ass controller like the XBOX version has :) .

Don't worry, at least on the Xbox you'll get to play online. Online expansion comes out maybe this year. Don't think you'd be able to do that on the GC ;)

How do you know this? Do you work for Capcom? Or are you just mad that a good game isn't going to be an XBOX exclusive?

If this game does come out for GC then I'd only buy it if you can get the big bad ass controller like the XBOX version has :) .

Why would I be mad? I'm already playing it - I don't have to wait :P And, Capcom has hinted to an online version that seems as though it will just be the game - no controller. So, if you don't have the original, then I guess you can't play it. But if it does come out on the GC, it would have to come with the controller. I see no other way to even play it with a regualr controller. And finally, being Nintendo doesn't give a rats ass about online gaming, I highly doubt that it would even be considered to put it online for the GC.

Geez StarScream how could you say that buying Steel Battallion for the Xbox was a good idea....Oh because it is :) .OK but how could you say that Nintendo doesn't care about the online element of it's games...Oh because they said they don't. I'm lookin under the bridge but I see no trolls. As for spendin $200 on a game that is good... how many have spent twice that for a crappy game just to complete a collection. BTW just my 1 cent but I hope SB does go to GC, it's a good game and the more people who can play good games the better :D

good grief Starscream. Isn`t this considered trolling?? If you don`t like the Cube, just don`t post anything about it!!

Hmmm, a little upset because not everyone thinks the GC is great? I have one Invader and to be 100% honest - it's got the most boring game library I have seen for any system ever. I see Xbox sucks threads and PS2 sucks threads and those are ok I guess but nobody should not like the great Nintendo. Believe it or not, not everyone who has a GC likes it. Let me rephrase - the system is ok, the game library is not. And being I am intitled to my opinion I will say it again for you - if Steel Battalions goes to the GC, it will finally have a good game. And don't expect it to be online

Geez StarScream how could you say that buying Steel Battallion for the Xbox was a good idea....Oh because it is :)  .OK but how could you say that Nintendo doesn't care about the online element of it's games...Oh because they said they don't. I'm lookin under the bridge but I see no trolls. As for spendin $200 on a game that is good... how many have spent twice that for a crappy game just to complete a collection. BTW just my 1 cent but I hope SB does go to GC, it's a good game and the more people who can play good games the better :D

Hehe, yup :D I see you are new here so let me warn you now - it's bad to say anything negetive about Nintendo :D

I have all three systems,and love them all.I like my PS2 the best I think,but that doesn't mean I hate my GCN and Xbox,they are all great.

And as for Gamecube online.... :lolblue: Good one

Yea, I got all of them and I don't hate any of them. And I guess I shouldn't say the GC has no good games, there are a few. But not enough to interest me I guess. Now SB should be out on every system. Even if you don't like mech type games, it is unlike anything out there. The game is big time difficult though. May even be more difficult than Contra on the PS2 :) And I will admit that I put in the FreePlay code just so I could see what was after level 10. Seems I can do real well and then I just keep losing my VT's because I have to eject or fail the mission. I just wonder how you'll be able to use the XB Live headset when there's no ports on the controller for it. Unless you can just plug in a regular controller in port 2 just for the headset. In any case, the game is well worth $200 :love: