IGNORED

WTB: Pac-Man arcade 5E and 5F original ROMS.

Yart

• 2 weeks later...

If what you mean by "original" is the actual factory ROMS with the Midway printing on them then good luck.

The problem is not that they are rare per say, but more so the fact that they are all over 30 years old now and the pin legs get corroded and discolored and snap off easily. Even when you do have a few of them without broken legs and relatively clean, they are so extremely fragile & weakened that they almost always bend, snap, & break just from trying to plug them into the sockets on the board; no matter how careful you try to do it. They are ticking timb bombs, even if you happen to have working ones.

I can check my stash and see what I find. I have a bin full of them, most of them are just crap though. I'll look tonight.

Your really better off just getting EPROMS which are generally stronger, thicker, and far more durable & reliable in this particular situation. Those I can burn for you easily and it would make your life much less stressful.

• 1 month later...

http://www.twistywristarcade.com/programmed-eproms/1093-pacman-5e-5f-rom-set.html

IIRC they were EPROMs from the factory.

Quite honestly, any 2532 EPROM would possibly be original equipment. They haven't been made in many years, or at least that is my understanding. It is a little bit like buying an old cassette tape of AC/DC, erasing the tape and re-recording the album onto the same tape (of course tape wears out, EPROMs theoretically don't).

HTH,

C