IGNORED

Do i need a DOS Floppy to run games on the 1050?

luneki

Hi! I have a 65XE and i found a 1050 in working condition, and cheap (as cheap as they come), and i want it to play games on 5 1/4 floppies, but i have a question. Do i need an Atari DOS floppy to load them?
Because the 1050 is just sold with the cables but no floppies.

So i want to know if i need a DOS Floppy to start looking for one or just not buy the 1050 altogether.

Thanks!

Commercial games auto load. Some cracked games come in multiples on disk with a menu loader, and some do have to be retrieved with dos. Just depends on what you get your hands on. Getting games in a lot is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get or if they work. All the disks I have miraculously work to this day. If you need some disks ask around...;)

Hi! I have a 65XE and i found a 1050 in working condition, and cheap (as cheap as they come), and i want it to play games on 5 1/4 floppies, but i have a question. Do i need an Atari DOS floppy to load them?

Because the 1050 is just sold with the cables but no floppies.

So i want to know if i need a DOS Floppy to start looking for one or just not buy the 1050 altogether.

Thanks!

Don't get a 1050. Get a PC to Atari interface (USB or RS232) and four 16 meg game compilation .ATRs with 3000 games on them.

If you can get your PC within about six or eight feet of your Atari, you can use the interface as hard drives for the Atari.

http://www.atari8warez.com/SIO2PCCompare.html

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/187482-4-atari-16mb-hard-disk-images-completed/?hl= disk1

Edited by russg

If your getting the 1050 for such a small amount of money, get it, you never know when you will come across disks or what you will find on them and be able to share with the community. Almost any disk you find these days will have a dos of some sort on them or within the collection of disks. Don't deny yourself or the community the joy of finding that one delicious chocolate in the box!