IGNORED

Anyone else getting stiffed by the Radisson for Philly4?

wberdan

I know this is really off topic, but several people here may be going to the phillyclassic, and this may be important to them.

We JUST got a phone call today telling us that we were being moved from the Raddison (home of philly4) to the Sheraton a mile away- apparently they are moving a lot of the Philly4 people to that hotel ( i know of at least 2 others that have been moved so far).

We reserved this hotel over a month ago, so anyone else that reserved there... you might want to check to see if they are sticking it to you too.

They left us a message on the answering machine today.

They said they had a computer malfunction that allowed people to keep booking long after they were full. that must have been a hell of a malfunction since we reserved over a month ago.

yeah right.

i'm sure that what the real problem is, is that other people that *will* pay the regular rate are getting our rooms, and we're getting shipped to a hotel thats a mile away for $89 a night.

big deal. we paid 20$ a night less last year for a hotel the same distance away.

If you reserved at the Radisson you may want to check this out real quick- otherwise you may be paying for taxi fares (not to mention time delays) to the hotel and back that you didnt plan for.

willie

Not that it would do any good, but I'd ask to speak to a high level manager. I'm sure your assumptionis probably correct, but their excuse shouldn't apply to you since you reserved your room a month ago when they still had pleanty of room. It's only people who reserved a few weeks ago that should get shafted. This is piss poor customer service.

Tempest

You should call them back and demand a major discount. Tell them you are being dropped off there and this is a major inconvience. Also you might try to get them to supply an taxi service back and forth between the hotels. Give them HELL! :)

Allan

Screw the Radisson.  Bunch of poopheads.  I'm staying at the big bad HILTON, baby!  WOO HOO!  Radisson can kiss my grits! :x  :x  :x

"Like Flo from Mel's Diner." Sorry Stan, couldn't resist the rap reference. ;)

Oh, and we (the missus and I) are staying at the Sleep Inn K.O.P.

Yep - I got a call this morning at 8:30! (DON'T DO THIS TO ME ON SPRING BREAK, YOU BASTARDS!) I was half-asleep, so my goal was to keep saying "yep" until she let me go back to bed...

Then, five minutes after I hung up the phone, it hit me, what just happened.

And I was not happy.

Yes, indeed, I KNOW I could get a cheaper room elsewhere...

And, yes, that'd probably be a good idea on a teacher's salary.

But I seldom spend money on myself, and I want to do this vacation right.

Here's the 3 pluses of staying IN the Convention Center, in my mind, at least.

1. Anything I buy (And if anyone else wants to use my room as a temporary "stuff" holding ground, you are TOTALLY welcome to it - without a storage fee, even! :D ) can be immediately brought up to my room, to either be played, or set down, so I don't have to walk around with it.

2. I hear it's going to get cold this weekend. This means I don't have to walk around in chilly weather. I'VE DONE MORE THAN ENOUGH OF THAT THIS INDIANA WINTER. Since I'm not going to Florida, I at least want the illusion of warmth... It's my vacation, after all.

3. There is a pretty nice weightroom - I'll be able to workout in the mornings... ATARIPITBULL - I'll need a spotter - you up for it?

So, after it hit me, I called a family friend who used to manage the Hilton in downtown Chicago - I explained the situation, he took a few notes, asked for the number, and said he'd "take care of it." At this point, I actually felt sorry for the Hotel, 'cause this guy "takes care of a variety of things", if you catch my drift. Anyway, he called back a few minutes later, gave me my confirmation for the hotel - which he said they would upgrade to a suite for me, if I got there early enough - and the hotel's apologies for the "misunderstanding."

His thoughts - there was no computer screw up - the hotel simply overbooked, and they probably figured they'd be able to push around "some young 'geeks' playing their 'games'." as opposed to the Doctors, or whoever else has a convention there.

Anyway, dispite what I might have inferred, he said he was very polite, he just didn't take no for an answer - and, the very fact that they called, is CONFIRMATION that you HAD a CONFIRMATION. He also said that, for those who can't get into the hotel - but, PLEASE TRY! Ask for the manager! - THEY SHOULD PAY FOR WHATEVER ROOM YOUR ARE FORCED TO TAKE ELSEWHERE!

Hope all this helps.

See you all soon!

Way to go! It's great to have friends in the right place in a pinch! I wish I was there with all you guys!! ;) I'll make it one of these days. Philly's not very far from my home, but I just don't get much consecutive time off from work! I'll be daydreaming about being there all weekend! I really want one or more of Cupcakus' Flashcarts. Someone get one for me! :!:

I really want one or more of Cupcakus' Flashcarts.  Someone get one for me! :!:

I'm not sure that it's being released this weekend after all. :sad:

At least, I didn't see it on display tonight. I'll ask Albert about it tomorrow.

I really want one or more of Cupcakus' Flashcarts.  Someone get one for me! :!:

I'm not sure that it's being released this weekend after all. :sad:

At least, I didn't see it on display tonight. I'll ask Albert about it tomorrow.

Thanks!!! :D I wanted to go just to check this one item out, but I was unable to attend. I hadn't heard anything about the flashcart for a while.?