IGNORED

Atari Computer A/V Cable Question

thegamezmaster

To clarify the problem is the channel 2-3 switch. Sometimes it works other times 3 is black and white and I have to move the switch to get color. Are these replaceable or how to fix. Can anyone help? Thanks!

if you're using the 2-3 switch, you're doing RF, not composite. Any RCA to RCA cable will do. The composite port is a round, five pin port. If you have a 600XL, you don't

have a composite port. There are Atari RF cables with a little box that makes it 75ohm, which is the correct impedance for RF. I don't think there's much worse picture

with a plain RCA to RCA cable, I could be wrong.

Contact cleaner cleared a few of them up for me, make sure the switch is pointed down towards the floor... insert wand/stick spray slide re-insert spray slide, aim for the contacts not the plastic ... spray slide re-insert

Sorry but not quite sure about your directions as how to do this. Do you do this with the switch still on the pcb? Do you disassemble it? Not sure where to insert the spray tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated with this!

Edited by thegamezmaster

You don't need to take it apart, having the switch facing down to the floor keeps the gloppy crap from runnin all ove the main board, examine it closely find the best spot to get the liquid into the switch, flush it with spray... sometimes the grease/lube hardens in these switches and won't just swipe away, that is why I use the contact spray.

You don't need to take it apart, having the switch facing down to the floor keeps the gloppy crap from runnin all ove the main board, examine it closely find the best spot to get the liquid into the switch, flush it with spray... sometimes the grease/lube hardens in these switches and won't just swipe away, that is why I use the contact spray.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!