IGNORED

What's the latest "for Dummies" version of AspeQt that'll run on a Mac?

Mathy

Hello guys

I'm using AspeQt and Ray's SIO-2-USB-2-1050 interface (version 1) and I can not seem to get it to work. The interface only works with DSR. I seem to have found the right USB drivers. I see all kinds of stuff in the window below the drives, but when loading a file from an ATR I get error's after a few tracks and when I try to write data to an ATR I only get errors. Even at 19k2 baud.

Is there a newer version 1.00.preview_6? I've tried a couple of versions before, none of them worked. And I really need the "install and go" version.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hi Mathy, yes the interface works only with DSR.

All versions of AspeQt are compatible with the hardware, older versions simply don't have some of the features but don't make any difference when it comes to SIO emulation. Which OS are you running on your PC? which drivers did you install? Can you post a screen capture of the AspeQt log window.

Edited by atari8warez

Oh, just missed the MAC on your subject line, so this may be out of my jurisdiction a bit :) but preview_6 is the first version where a serious attempt was made to make the code compile/work with OSX, so I would suggest not using older versions:

version 1.0.0 Preview-6 (May 23, 2014)
+ Code needed to compile AspeQt under Mac OS X is added (David Voswinkel - optixx)
Edit: I checked your record in my salesbook, and seen that you specified Mac OSX as the preferred OS, that means you need default FTDI drivers, not the ones modified with my product ID (PID). You can get those from FTDI site or from my website.
Edited by atari8warez